The give a crap meter!

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
1 - since when do management not care? Pretty clear that they do. Have you been living under a rock the past 48 hours?

2 - Because it's their jobs to care. And with care comes job security. A number of players on that team are fringe NHLers trying to stay relevant in the league

They certainly don't care to win at the moment, that's pretty clear. What message does that send to the players? They actually want them to lose in hopes of a strong draft position, so be it. It says we don't really care about a bunch of you guys because you are not in our future plans.
Not sure what fringe NHLers has to with it?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With the exception of Rielly who knows he will be here when we come out of the other side of this tear down and rebuild, the players that register the highest on the G.A.S meter are those that are up for early parole and know they won't be here in another few weeks.

Trying to keep their compete levels high to attract interest as well as the added motivation knowing they will be playing in the playoffs this year.

There is a recognizable pattern trending in that the players on longest/biggest contracts the ones that register the least on the give a crap meter.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I think Bernier is the better goalie but I really think the Reimer's play is much higher on the G.A.S. meter.

buttman*

I don't care if they care. It's a hockey team either they play with pride, people pay to go see them and cheer. Or they mail it in and people stay home, boo and throw jerseys on the ice.

DesertHombre

Oct 10, 2013
With the trade deadline coming I wonder if the value of Leaf players is being severely hurt by their poor play and poor effort level. Will other GM's shy away from lazy players when what they are really wanting for the playoffs are players that can play with an added level of intensity. Also, how much playoff experience do the Leaf players have?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
With the exception of Rielly who knows he will be here when we come out of the other side of this tear down and rebuild, the players that register the highest on the G.A.S meter are those that are up for early parole and know they won't be here in another few weeks.

Trying to keep their compete levels high to attract interest as well as the added motivation knowing they will be playing in the playoffs this year.

There is a recognizable pattern trending in that the players on longest/biggest contracts the ones that register the least on the give a crap meter.

That's why I absolutely despise GUARANTEED CONTRACTS. I wish there was some way of penalizing players that don't live up to their contracts.

I think a team should be able to cancel a players contract if it is provable that the player is not performing to the same levels that earned him it in the first place.

Implementation would be a chore for the PA and the NHL to work out!

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
That's why I absolutely despise GUARANTEED CONTRACTS. I wish there was some way of penalizing players that don't live up to their contracts.

I think a team should be able to cancel a players contract if it is provable that the player is not performing to the same levels that earned him it in the first place.

Then it carries no risk to the team.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

i guarantee you that will be a hill that the PA won't budge from.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Phaneuf seems to be the exception to that rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad