GDT: The Generational 2024 NHL Draft Lottery 5/7 5:30 PM (CT) ESPN

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
imagine thinking that the nhl is going to schedule an outdoor classic at wrigley field next season and not have the hawks walk away with immediate nhl talent to play in that game, bedard/celebrini combo hyped up going into it as the next duo of hawks legends...rooh/hall/bettman, its over

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Get the top pick or pick at 3 (just to keep the jump cause of the dumb rules) is ideal

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Little less concerned than I was this time last year. Last year I wanted a 1C and we got the best one.

It'd be awesome to have a 1-2 punch with Bedard/Celebrini, but I also really like Demidov and can see the benefits of drafting a Lev or Buium; though they are all much riskier picks.

What I did last year, on the day of the draft, I watched some videos about Will Smith (not the actor) to help remind myself that the worst case scenario (dropping to 4th) isn't all that bad; will do the same with Buium today.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Anyone see that Mckenzie tweet? He was asked about why it's a top 15 and not a top 16 for the lottery teams. He polled all 10 scouts to give him 12 names. Of all the names listed, there were only two names that got 1 vote inside the top 12 (#16 ad #17). Players 1-15 were all mentioned 4 or more times in the top 12. Basically, there is a consensus top 15, but the order is scrambled. Yeah sure, players #16 and #17 could squeak their way into the top 12 picks, but it less likely.

The consensus drop-off in talent is at 15 this year and I bet one of those 15 could find their way to 20th oa

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Anyone see that Mckenzie tweet? He was asked about why it's a top 15 and not a top 16 for the lottery teams. He polled all 10 scouts to give him 12 names. Of all the names listed, there were only two names that got 1 vote inside the top 12 (#16 ad #17). Players 1-15 were all mentioned 4 or more times in the top 12. Basically, there is a consensus top 15, but the order is scrambled. Yeah sure, players #16 and #17 could squeak their way into the top 12 picks, but it less likely.

The consensus drop-off in talent is at 15 this year and I bet one of those 15 could find their way to 20th oa
Yeah I said that yesterday in the draft thread:
While there's no consensus on the order after Celebrini, there does seem to be a consensus on which players belong in the top 15.

My current top 15 has all the same players as Bob's list (different order) except that Artamonov is in mine and Connelly is at 16.

Reactions: Wally1112pac

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Bucci conspiracy now out in open, if that infact comes to pass does Utah go Deminov or Levshunov at #2?

I think the needs for them would be more likely to go Levshunov and he is likely to be in NHL sooner than Deminov

Hawks take who they pass on I assume safely

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
With Bucci conspiracy now out in open, if that infact comes to pass does Utah go Deminov or Levshunov at #2?

I think the needs for them would be more likely to go Levshunov and he is likely to be in NHL sooner than Deminov

The drawing hasn't been done yet, so the Bucci thing holds no water.

That being said, if Utah did jump to 2, they'd be taking Silayev.

Not only has Silayev himself said that Arizona/Utah and Columbus have shown the most interest in him, but Arizona also drafted But and Simashev. They have a type, and that type is monolithic Russians.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Bucci tweeted this image, then deleted it
image-png-39826b19d876b23b4d3b92db4299e474-png.866542

He then replaced it with this:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The SJ/AZ photo is just from a practice run. The real lotto gets run about an hour before the telecast.

I wouldn't mind it if that was real since it only pushes the Hawks down to 3rd. What I don't want is two teams below SJ/CHI winning and Hawks going down to 4th.

The infamous 2019 leak was only a few minutes of spoilers because of an international feed that didn't cut to break.

Reactions: Idionym and d rake

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

Not sure I agree with the bolded. I know that Deminov's at least a year aways, but I wouldn't expect Levshunov as an 18 YO d-man to play in the NHL next year.

And to the OP - the Sharks have a 24.5% chance to end up with the #1 pick because if a #12-16 wins and moves up 10 spots they don't pass them to get #1.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Arizona's highest drafted player is still the great Dylan Strome

It would be funny to see them lose their team and immediately pick 1st overall
cease and desist on this talk about any other team picking number one, we will not tolerate it today, celebrini is a hawk...first jersey was toews, favorite goal song the hawks, played for chicago steel, its done deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad