The G’ Guarantee

UltimateHKY

The Flyers went into the All-Star break on a winning note, and they continued winning after coming back from the break, until they fell to the Islanders in an SO loss on Thursday night. But if you look closely at the games they have recently won, some of them have been lucky wins. During their recent four game winning streak they were outshot, and seemingly outplayed, by their opponent in half of those wins. The stellar play of Steve Mason has often kept them in games and able to pick up wins. If it weren’t for Mason, it’s questionable whether they would have even picked up the single point against New York, Thursday night.

Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-flyers-the-g-guarantee/

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Definitely not a guarantee and no native English speaker would think that.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
They weren't lucky wins because they were outshot or "outplayed" and bailed out by Mase. Mason is as much a part of the team as everyone else, him saving everything is skill.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There are no such thing as lucky wins in a team sport. A member of the team, helped the team, win a team game. Plain and simple.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I think the point in "lucky" is that it's not sustainable because you can't expect the goalie to bail you out every game and have that lead to the playoffs.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I think the point in "lucky" is that it's not sustainable because you can't expect the goalie to bail you out every game and have that lead to the playoffs.

Well put. I said the same thing about the Eagles' defense and special teams scoring TDs for them this past season; unsustainable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad