OT: The Football ( real football :P ) Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Terrible outing from the US. I don't like many players on the squad outside of Pulisic, Reyna, and Weah. And Weah went crazy. Robinson is pretty decent at LB I guess.

They seem to lack an urgency and a real lack of quality in the middle of the field. They talk about Adams like an emotional leader but the guy does nothing well offensively.
adams had a disaster of a tournament. tried to make up for a year of missed matches and consistently played himself out of position. the panama equalizer falls directly at his feet. mckennie blew up his shoulder during the end of his club campaign and played through it but was never the same. that said, if you arent effective because you are trying to play through pain the manager needs to fix it. he was not up to the standard and shouldnt have played nearly as much. so right there you have 2/3 of the successful world cup midfield that arent in form. then add musah who had a completely uneven club season and you get the full experience of having your hail mary midfield be ineffective.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
adams had a disaster of a tournament. tried to make up for a year of missed matches and consistently played himself out of position. the panama equalizer falls directly at his feet. mckennie blew up his shoulder during the end of his club campaign and played through it but was never the same. that said, if you arent effective because you are trying to play through pain the manager needs to fix it. he was not up to the standard and shouldnt have played nearly as much. so right there you have 2/3 of the successful world cup midfield that arent in form. then add musah who had a completely uneven club season and you get the full experience of having your hail mary midfield be ineffective.
Berhalter should get canned, but you're right. Adams McKennie Musah was terrible. I was shocked at the regression from Musah in particular who I thought was one of our best guys at the WC.

Also that Richards at CB...good lord is he brutal.

Still should have tied Panama even down a man.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Berhalter should get canned, but you're right. Adams McKennie Musah was terrible. I was shocked at the regression from Musah in particular who I thought was one of our best guys at the WC.

Also that Richards at CB...good lord is he brutal.

Still should have tied Panama even down a man.
richards looks like he belongs playing for a very good premier league side, so his inability to translate that into international form is striking. also must be said same for malik tillman, who showed champions league levels during his club season complete with real defensive commitment from an attacking player, and barely has made a whisper with the national team yet.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
richards looks like he belongs playing for a very good premier league side, so his inability to translate that into international form is striking. also must be said same for malik tillman, who showed champions league levels during his club season complete with real defensive commitment from an attacking player, and barely has made a whisper with the national team yet.
I liked the little I saw of Tillman at the end of the game yesterday.

But these guys annoy me. They should be out of this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad