OT: The Football ( real football :P ) Thread

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Liverpool IS Pittsburgh’s EPL Club. Huge kudos to Mark for creating a lot of supporters, and FSG buying the Pens was awesome too.

I can’t believe so many dopes even bother with Chelsea, Tottenham, and the Manchester’s.

Bouncing back today, baby. Crystal Palace has no chance.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
No one is catching up with City now...pep would not let that happen, if you want to witness managerial mastery check that documentary on NETFLIX about City's Treble win. Wish Sully would watch that, he could learn thing or two...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Going to MLS match this wednesday.

City should wrap up their double today and Real Madrid should wrap up their countless champions league wins. *yawn*

Fast forward to the euros and start the fun.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I am rooting England in the EUROS! With USA (unfortunately) in the Copa America and am ready for absolute disappointment and frustration from both!

Equal to england is Poland though.... second to usa would be...... Honduras, but are they even in it? :laugh: they usually stink.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
apologies but i cant think of a single team in sports i root against harder than the english national team

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
apologies but i cant think of a single team in sports i root against harder than the english national team
Its funny because the only league I follow is the Premier League. But as far as national teams - agreed England is way up there for who I root against.
I hate southgate, especially after..... well, after almost a decade of him and what do they have to show for it.
That is my biggest reason. How about yous---why root against them?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I hate southgate, especially after..... well, after almost a decade of him and what do they have to show for it.
That is my biggest reason. How about yous---why root against them?
Its more a.. for all the talent, just not a whole lot to show for it. They always seem to choke somehow and its kinda fun rooting for that to happen. And PKs.

• Haha

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
i cant stand how english fans relentlessly overhype their mid players based on the happy accident of the premier league being the global cash cow it is despite most of the truly great players there being of non english derivation. then the three lions crash out of tournaments and the newspapers start scapegoating a certain type of player. happens every tournament.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Its more a.. for all the talent, just not a whole lot to show for it. They always seem to choke somehow and its kinda fun rooting for that to happen. And PKs.
Penalties... they ruin some good teams in tournaments not just england.
City blew penalties in this years CL to real madrid... Brazil blew them to netherlands in the WC... few others in lesser tourny's (qualifications / europa, etc....)
but yeah... what was it ... all three of them for europe last euros? Kane Rashford and... Saka?

i cant stand how english fans relentlessly overhype their mid players based on the happy accident of the premier league being the global cash cow it is despite most of the truly great players there being of non english derivation. then the three lions crash out of tournaments and the newspapers start scapegoating a certain type of player. happens every tournament.
Bob Ross quote? Nice. =]
I saw the premier league history video (one or two of them) and yeah it is luck... but the big 3 or 4 leagues (if not most all of the top leagues) are ruined by two three four or five clubs having infinite purchase power or big name appeal for rising / hot players from lesser teams.
once a team gets good or a player gets good from smaller teams he's farmed out instantly. Kind of kills the appeal of it all.... but it still works. Eh... one of my gripes with the game.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
that usa vs brazil match was a good reminder of why i fell in love with the usmnt and the sport. just a ton of fun start to finish.
Yeah. Once it grabs you and appeals to you its a big gigantic world to explore (the whole world basically has leagues) Some exciting ones... which I just wanted to say, football leagues are all over the world, and not just the big ones are fun to watch. In the summer (now) I watch football from argentina and its not the premier league as in its weird to see players not fall down on touch, they get pretty physical and there isn't much parking possession game.... its fun to watch.
(i watch river plate so... my perspective from there).
(it isn't easy to get world wide football matches, but I found a way).

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Germany spanked the scared stiff scots. eeeeeee that was absolute humiliation.

I remember watching the quals... scotland barely made it to the euros. It showed it.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Is anyone else blown away by this?

Not really. She's been kinda invisible the last few times I've watched them play. At least in comparison to the others that have played forward. They've been much more dynamic and creative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad