OT: The Food & Drinks Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I used to fry bacon almost to the crispy stage and then add a little maple syrup to the pan. The bacon soaks it up and gets nice and crunchy.

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm not necessarily opposed to ketchup. It has it's uses; a burger is not one of them.

Generally speaking, there shouldn't really be anything sweet on burgers. There are exceptions (e.g. caramelized onions, grilled pineapple), but these are components where the natural sugar is drawn out of the ingredient.

What other ingredients do you use to complement grilled pineapple in a burger?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I've tried grilled pineapple on a burger. It's ok. I much prefer just having the grilled pineapple on its own. Maybe with a little bit of rum sauce or vanilla ice cream.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Im gonna eat so many pokés ladies. Also can't stop thinking about Star Noodles and Leodas pie shop.

38f5yx (1).jpg

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
A Cubano is a also known as a Cuban Sandwich. Some of your carnita would be an ingredient for it. Just look online - there'll be a few variations but all pretty similar. I like them toasted panini style.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A Cubano is a also known as a Cuban Sandwich. Some of your carnita would be an ingredient for it. Just look online - there'll be a few variations but all pretty similar. I like them toasted panini style.

Checked how they do the carnita, guess my way is a slight deviation,but will be flavorful seeing as I'll add more seasoning etc. Gonna have a good 10 kilo at least after all is cleaned up and reduced. Pretty hearty sandwiches with all the meat.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Checked how they do the carnita, guess my way is a slight deviation,but will be flavorful seeing as I'll add more seasoning etc. Gonna have a good 10 kilo at least after all is cleaned up and reduced. Pretty hearty sandwiches with all the meat.

It is a lot of meat. It would be great in burritos too. Refried black beans, cheese, a little rice, salsa and the carnita rolled in a tortilla.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
@Kriss E you ever try Marouch? Been wanting good authentic Arabic breakfast for a while. Reviews are good but I want first hand experience if possible lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad