The Eastern conference feels off to me.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
nerd-ackchyually.gif

That meme doesn't work on facts, it works on opinions. Because what exactly are you mocking if someone brings up the literal definition of words?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It feel off to me because there's only one good team in it while there are 6 in the west.

Florida is most certainly better than last year and there is no team in the east that touches them in a 7 game series.

It feels almost everybody in the east is weaker than they were last season except for Detroit and Philadelphia but even Philadelphia by all reports is still looking to sell.

The rest of the east feels off to me, It's very rare that nearly an entire conference feels like It's weaker but it does.

In some cases It's easy to see why.

In Toronto case Samsonov play has fallen off a cliff and they have suffered because of it.

In Tampa's case over the past few years their depth has been chipped away at. and It's starting to catch up to them, Sergachev's injury isn't helping matters.

Boston is still really good, they were going to take somewhat of a step back by default because they were never going to win 65 games again.

NJ looked great last year, broke through, now they are sitting outside a playoff spot In February.

Carolina doesn't feel the same, between Andersen blood clots and sending Raanta to the AHL they feel off.

You would think with the east as a whole being weaker that teams like Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal and Columbus would be rising up a little bit but that's not really happening either those teams are still at the bottom.

In some ways It's interesting because the east feels wide open.

But I don't think I ever remember it feeling this weak.
Insane post after what Florida did to Colorado on Saturday. Just living in denial I guess.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
When the Canes are on their game they're the best coached team in the league....If they get goaltending they're the team to beat in the East.....

Leafs a darkhorse as a road team underdog.......Gonna be much tougher to eliminate them than a lot of people think.....They need another defenseman at the deadline though....
Leafs are terribly built. I'd they didn't have AM they're a lottery team.

Carolina can't touch Florida. You need to tune into a Panthers game they're the best team in the NHL. They had 38 shots on Colorado in 2 periods on Saturday. They hammered the Penguins and lightning this week.

Conveniently doesn’t mention Florida at all. Keep sleepin.
If they exist Toronto has no shot. He doesn't like that reality. Because otherwise the east is very weak and he has hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad