Player Discussion The Definitive Danton Heinen Poll

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Your opinion of Danton Heinen as a Bruin.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not there watching preseason practices, I haven't even watched the games yet.

All I'll say is that I have a positive impression of Heinen as a hockey player, generally liked him and thought he was underrated. I trust the coaching staff here, if he makes the team then great, if he hasn't beaten out a rookie or another bubble player enough to get a full contract, so be it, no skin off my back,

Reactions: HumBucker and BMC

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Have tix to the FLA game early in the season. If he is on the roster and the kids ask "what about him?", answer will be he's a storebought vanilla guy. Won't hurt more than he helps, won't help more than he hurts. Filler to round out that sundae because they couldn't afford the better stuff and were too afraid to try the newer flavours.

They will understand.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He is a whatever 3rd liner that can move up to either wing if there are injuries and not ruin things. The fact that he doesn’t really add to special teams hurts his overall value.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Heinen won’t make or break the team by any means. Solid bottom 6 guy who won’t bleed goals and can be trusted late in games.

Maybe even score once every five games.

If injuries happen in the top 6 he again can be plugged in and not hurt the team as he shown with Marchand and Bergeron.

If he’s looking for minimum $ on a 1 year there’s plenty of worse ways to allocate that money. There’s no kids from Providence that are banging down the door to take Heinens spot

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don’t care one way or the other about him, to me he’s a guy you fill out a lineup with who isn’t gonna hurt you or help you

He’s played the best hockey of his career under Montgomery so hopefully that carries over

Reactions: Kegs

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Don’t care one way or the other about him, to me he’s a guy you fill out a lineup with who isn’t gonna hurt you or help you

He’s played the best hockey of his career under Montgomery so hopefully that carries over

This is an interesting angle I hadn't really thought about much. I don't care so much about the prior history, but Monty has a way of drawing the best out of forwards and rehabilitated a few careers last year. Heinen has 50 points in him deep down if a coach can really pull it out of him.

Also, I wouldn't completely write off Heinen on the left wing with Zacha and Pastrnak. He has a skill set that can compliment talent.

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is an interesting angle I hadn't really thought about much. I don't care so much about the prior history, but Monty has a way of drawing the best out of forwards and rehabilitated a few careers last year. Heinen has 50 points in him deep down if a coach can really pull it out of him.

Also, I wouldn't completely write off Heinen on the left wing with Zacha and Pastrnak. He has a skill set that can compliment talent.
He always played pretty well with Marchand and Bergeron. He wasn’t a ball and chain

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yes I want him here, he’s likely gonna sign for close to league minimum and give more value in return. Bruins need to get more out of lesser cap hits with larger cap hits on roster in Pasta, Mcavoy and eventually towards a 1c. Ideally that comes from youth in the system but doesn’t really matter where at end of the day.

I’d be more annoyed by Greer and Patrick Brown taking away roster spots from youth than Heinen.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
You know that feeling you get when you take the time to make the perfect sandwich, like really put the effort in. Get some fresh bread from the local baker instead of the frozen wonderbread at the back of the fridge?

Maybe add a pickle on the side. Or go full out and toothpick that sucker right in the bread.

Cut it in a triangle (obviously). Maybe adde some chips on the side. Grab a beer.

Turn on the Bruins on time for a change because the kid went to bed and work pissed off finally.

You sit down as the puck drops. Grab that first piece. Take a bite.

And somehow your tongue, after years of eating, forgot to get out of the way. Then the pain comes, the eyes water, the feeling of betrayal washes over you.

I’d rather that feeling daily than watch Heinen play hockey.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
But would you take him over a younger guy, who hasn‘t had his shot yet?

Merkulov, Beecher, etc.
But you’re not deciding between Heinen and Beecher. Heinen isn’t going to play 4C. And they wouldn’t have him as 13F. Merk really isn’t ready quite yet.

As 13F all day. 3LW? Ok not bad but hope someone else grabs that from him.

Reactions: hrdpuk

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
When he was last here I couldn't have been happier when he got dealt, guy couldn't score to save his life at the end of his tenure in Boston despite a ton of prime scoring chances. Time has numbed my utter frustration with him and it won't really bother me if he sticks with Boston or not.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
But you’re not deciding between Heinen and Beecher. Heinen isn’t going to play 4C. And they wouldn’t have him as 13F. Merk really isn’t ready quite yet.

As 13F all day. 3LW? Ok not bad but hope someone else grabs that from him.

I‘d put Heinen at 13F and let Merkulov have a shot at 3LW.

We know what Heinen can do, and he’s better equipped to sitting out a few, playing a few, etc.

If it were me:

Marchand — Coyle—JDB
JVR — Zacha — Pasta
Merkulov — Frederic — Geekie
Looch — Becher —- Lauko

If Merkulov struggles in a game, Lauko or Looch can move up.

** Not married to the top 6 as I posted…
but those are likely the top 6, in whatever permutation he picks.

Reactions: Beesfan and Gordoff

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

We know what Heinen can do, and he’s better equipped to sitting out a few, playing a few, etc.

If it were me:

Marchand — Coyle—JDB
JVR — Zacha — Pasta
Looch — Becher —- Lauko

Coach seem to like Boquist so far. I haven't seen enough but I don't dislike Boquist. Seems Merkulov needs a bit more time in Providence.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

If it were me:

Marchand — Coyle—JDB
JVR — Zacha — Pasta
Looch — Becher —- Lauko

The bolded is a completely reasonable take. Try someone else and see if they are better, but if they can't carry the ball, Heinen is a good stopgap capable of producing 30 points with responsible play.

My guess is that we can carry Heinen on the PTO for a while into the regular season the way we did with Gagne a few years back. If our forward group needs support, we can sign him off the PTO.

What teams quickly find out in the regular season is that there is a big difference between an AHL star and a bonafide NHL player.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad