News Article: The Culture is Broken

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I feel like the whole team needs to do what baseball teams do when they’re in a funk, go out on the town get just buckled and bump uglies with the biggest sloppiest slumpbuster they can find.

Baseball teams just get buckets of chicken and play Fortnite in the clubhouse now.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Is it possible that the only thing that will provoke real change is a trade request by McDavid? Just like it was the only way they appeared to get serious when they first drafted him. I hope his agent pours pressure on and an ultimatum this summer.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Oh no, someone acknowledged how f***ing lazy Drai is. From my experience here, I bet this goes well.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Lol culture. Blame it on the players. I'm sure Draisaitl coasting on that backcheck is why the Oilers suck this year. The Oilers would be much better off trading him for some of those character guys Nicholson was alluding to in his press conference I'm sure. And after him, if the team still sucks having moved our 2nd best player, why not go after the captain? After all it's his responsibility to lead, and if this team can't be bothered to compete then that blame lays squarely on him, so lets trade McDavid too for some great character guys. Maybe McDavid for Toews straight across? Drai probably isn't worth much so if we luck out maybe we can get some over-the-hill vet with intangibles. That'll make the Oilers a great hockey team. MEGA!!!

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015

lmao. what a silly take on an obvious joke.

"Hall s comment to Connor immediately after the Oilers drafted him...."dont ruin what we have started here"
Quite a thing for a leader to say when the culture up to that point was all about losing."

Cringe

God those days the teams gave no effort it was sad to watch

Not much different now

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I hope more of the national media ****s on us because guys like Terry Jones have become the equivalent of Gobbels with ludicrious articles how Chiarelli is a genius etc.

I have zero faith in the local media worried that they "lose access" and wont be allowed in a scrum to ask Kyle Brodziak keys to win against the Arizona Coyotes.
Trump hates the media too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lol culture. Blame it on the players. I'm sure Draisaitl coasting on that backcheck is why the Oilers suck this year. The Oilers would be much better off trading him for some of those character guys Nicholson was alluding to in his press conference I'm sure. And after him, if the team still sucks having moved our 2nd best player, why not go after the captain? After all it's his responsibility to lead, and if this team can't be bothered to compete then that blame lays squarely on him, so lets trade McDavid too for some great character guys. Maybe McDavid for Toews straight across? Drai probably isn't worth much so if we luck out maybe we can get some over-the-hill vet with intangibles. That'll make the Oilers a great hockey team. MEGA!!!

As if we needed this thread again. HK97 on it again. Hall down, working on Drai next. Rinse, lather, repeat.

lets have more posts complaining about McDrai failing when most of the rest of the club is a disaster.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Let's hope he told the higher-ups how ****ty the culture is, because Nicholson wants the next GM to continue it for some reason.
This team will hire another rehash GM and coach and be just as bad as this year.

The culture is stupidity.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

lmao. what a silly take on an obvious joke.

"Hall s comment to Connor immediately after the Oilers drafted him...."dont ruin what we have started here"
Quite a thing for a leader to say when the culture up to that point was all about losing."

Yep, obviously Halls shitty dry sense of humor and he said a lot like that which was off, but its not a serious post. Man this thread..

Reactions: dawunderboy

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Is that twitter legit?

First I've heard of this

Hall had a stupid sense of humor, that's about it.
I recall seeing that when he was traded as well. Kind of wondered that at first glance, but who knows. Bit of a shot I thought at the old club.

Everyone's on edge here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Is it possible that the only thing that will provoke real change is a trade request by McDavid? Just like it was the only way they appeared to get serious when they first drafted him. I hope his agent pours pressure on and an ultimatum this summer.

The only thing that would change if the team moved out McDrai is punters here would have to find actual legit scapegoats to complain about. That's an improvement I never want to see. bring on more inane blame comments on our two star players. Come at me bros. ;)

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

@HK97

Anybody thats been paying attention cant possibly take issue with the Spector article of the over the top Tim and Sid rant. Right back from the days when Hall was here there were reports of how toxic the environment was and how putting in an effort was discouraged. Hall s comment to Connor immediately after the Oilers drafted him...."don't ruin what we have started here"

Highly doubt Hall said that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I recall seeing that when he was traded as well. Kind of wondered that at first glance, but who knows. Bit of a shot I thought at the old club.

Everyone's on edge here.

I wouldn't blame him if it was. A shot was deserved. If we have to go looking that hard for it means Hall was actually more discrete than he could have been. This is nothing close to Ottawa, Colorado, LA shenanigans. Hall was an alter boy in context. The team promised for 6yrs that they would put together ingredients to compete and the rebuild was over. The team got it wrong. Last I checked they still got it wrong.

C'mon, we all crap on the org all day. Its gotta stir something in somebody to be first hand with this crap for a wasted 6 seasons and a players entire youth and not have some feelings about it.

Souray said a lot more and I applauded him for doing so.

Any Culture that is wrong is players not being a bit more candid about what they need here and how its not being provided.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
In the GDTs I've *****ed about how Draisaitl and McDavid float in their own zone or don't tie up the opponent's stick.... lots of floating, waiting for an outlet pass.

I'm glad you had Conner in that.

Conner has been brutal in his own zone this year. I think Conner leads by example and that includes poor defensive coverage.

Don't get me wrong. He is still our best player overall but this is his worst year for playing on the right diddle of the puck.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The team ending in the crapper and Calgary getting to the SCF or worse might actually bring about some change. Oh who am I kidding? Katz probably got bullied in school and hates Edmonton and everyone there and enjoys seeing all of us ***** and moan.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Yes it’s legit. It was talked about a lot back then.
This. I’m kind of shocked that so many don’t remember. It raised a lot of eyebrows at the time. I usually dismiss things like that tweet but there was something about it that rubbed me the wrong way given the circumstances of the time. It was obviously sarcastic (no one thinks otherwise) but really inappropriate and deflating coming from a team leader.

Last edited:

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hahah Guess McDavid took Hall's message to heart lmfao

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This. I’m kind of shocked that so many don’t remember. It raised a lot of eyebrows at the time. I usually dismiss things like that tweet but there was something about it that rubbed me the wrong way given the circumstances of the time. It was obviously sarcastic (no one thinks otherwise) but really inappropriate and deflating coming from a team leader.

Never had a twitter account and only once tried to sign up. They wanted all my personal information, home ph, etc. f*** that shit. Twitter is ridiculous. As is most of what is contained there. I don't get news from a cesspool like that.

Reactions: 8LX7psQ

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
We have 3 good forwards (4 if you count a guy like Khaira who is good in his role) and like 3 good defencemen. The rest of our players aren't even NHL caliber, but lets blame it on the "culture" and not the dipshits who put this all together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad