Celtics/NBA The Celtics are NBA champions: Boston wins first title since 2008 in blowout victory over Mavericks; Jaylen Brown named MVP

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA

From The Ringer:

PLUSES
  • He’s an excellent at-rim finisher using either hand and has the ability to absorb contact. He can post up, although in the NBA he’d be most useful as a cutter, screener, and offensive rebounder.
  • Are his flashes of shooting potential for real? He’s long had soft touch on floaters and hook shots, so despite a low free-throw percentage and the fact that he’s made only 30.7 percent of his 3s, maybe his future success is more dependent on revising his mechanics and improving his confidence than on his natural touch.
  • Good decision-maker who limits his mistakes. Gonzaga used him to bust zones, and his NBA team will be able to use him in handoff situations.
  • Versatile defender who spent time defending everyone from Zach Edey to scoring wings to small guards. Even though he’s quite large, he moves like a wing himself when navigating screens, so he should have positional range at the next level, too.
  • Talented rim protector thanks to his feel, fundamentals, and length.
MINUSES
  • Lacks creation ability as a ball handler.
  • He’s a bit undersized as a traditional rim protector if that’s the position a team requires him to play.

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Kyle Filipowski stuff that is coming out is disturbing. His brother and mother have come out and said that they haven't spoken to him in 2 years and that he's being groomed by his girlfriend who is mormon. Probably why he dropped to the 2nd round.

If Adam Silver had any Spaldings he would suspend Rich Paul but you can't do anything to upset King Lebron so nothing will happen. :thumbd:

• Wow
Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Kyle Filipowski stuff that is coming out is disturbing. His brother and mother have come out and said that they haven't spoken to him in 2 years and that he's being groomed by his girlfriend who is mormon. Probably why he dropped to the 2nd round.
Believe she was 25 taking him to prom….yiiiiiikes

• Wow
Reactions: Mione134

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I know Danny Ainge loves drafting guys who were 5 star recruits out of high school but i feel like the Jazz were the last team who should have drafted Filipowski

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I know Danny Ainge loves drafting guys who were 5 star recruits out of high school but i feel like the Jazz were the last team who should have drafted Filipowski
I am appalled by this entire situation.

As a 34 year old woman, this entire situation disgusts me. That girls family should be ashamed. And she is a groomer.

Someone needs to help that kid asap.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Horford isn’t young and KP might be redshirted most of the season I wouldn’t trust the timeline.

Problem with Theis is he’ll find a way to get minutes when everyone else is healthy and he shouldn’t be playing. But he makes sense to forcefeed minutes before KP returns.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
No it doesn't. Not even a little bit. Zero percent includes the Celtics.

Yes it does, if you want to be convoluted. Fenway has stated it before that the Celtics as they exist today could technically be considered as the successor of the Buffalo Braves, because former Celtics owner Irv Levin and Buffalo Braves owner John Y. Brown traded franchises so that Levin could move a team to California. You could argue the original lineage of the Boston Celtics lies with the Los Angeles Clippers, since that is what the Buffalo Braves eventually became. Again this is convoluted, roundabout logic and is not what I believe, but someone could technically make that argument. They'd derserved to be laughed at if they do, but they could have a point.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
JJ Redick
Bronny James

How embarrassing for the Lakers

JJ Redick has the ability to be a real talented coach. The issue is high risk, high reward factor given the other options available.

Lakers had no choice but to take Bronny, because LeBron would've been pissed if they didn't take him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad