Celtics/NBA The Celtics are NBA champions: Boston wins first title since 2008 in blowout victory over Mavericks; Jaylen Brown named MVP

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
18 is real !!!

Folks, this has been a most challenging year for my family. I was diagnosed with PTSD in September from trauma in my childhood. It has been a hell of a year. With therapy & support, I am doing much better now.
This championship run has been so helpful for my mental health. It has been a pleasure hanging out with you guys as always but especially this year.

To quote JT " we did it "
I will be 65 next month & will be getting my first tattoo. It will be banner 18...lol

PS.....Bruins run helped also

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Congrats Celtics fans!!

Attachments

• IMG_1946.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 1

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
18 is real !!!

Folks, this has been a most challenging year for my family. I was diagnosed with PTSD in September from trauma in my childhood. It has been a hell of a year. With therapy & support, I am doing much better now.
This championship run has been so helpful for my mental health. It has been a pleasure hanging out with you guys as always but especially this year.

I will be 65 next month & will be getting my first tattoo. It will be banner 18...lol

I am sorry you have had such a tough time! I hope things continue to improve!

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As my life winds down, I am glad to have been able to partake in number 18. Just outstanding team work.

My hats off to Brad Steven's for the outstanding job he has done at GM. #18 would not have happened without him.

Hats off to my MVP Joe Mazzulla, for a young coach he kept their heads into the process of winning. Great job, I complained at times about his 3P strategy but in the end, #18.

Congrats to the Jays, Holiday, White, KP, Horford, Pritchard, Hauser & Tillman.

I will never make it to #19 but I wish all you Celtic fans see it in the next season.

Go Celtics. Thank you

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
18 is real !!!

I am so sorry to hear. I wish you the very best in your recovery. Thanks for being here with us. You will enjoy #19 as well, it is in the making.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Wow, they finally did it. The player I am most happy for is obviously Al Horford. Guy is a tier 1 class act.

What a dominant playoff-run even without their unicorn most of the time. Yes, some are gonna argue that the path wasn't the most difficult, but what more than winning all but 3 games could they have done?

And I stand corrected: I wasn't a huge fan of the Jrue-trade and didn't think he was going to be THE difference maker, but he totally was. He's the player we always hoped Marcus would turn into, but didn't. Stevens finally got it and moved on from Smart (and Brogdon).

Tatum and Brown had a pretty good playoffs, no doubt about that, but it's the supporting cast that made them simply special.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Celtics!!!!

Now Red Sox, Patriots & Bruins it is your time to step up & follow the Celtics path to excellence!!!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
What a game. This team is a lot of fun to watch, and their teamwork; toughness; and selflessness shines.

With the exception of the 1990s, Boston/New England has now won a title in every decade since the founding of the National League in 1876. I have listed the very early Braves and Red Sox teams by the names we use today.

1870s: Braves.
1880s: Braves.
1890s: Braves.
1900s: Red Sox.
1910s: Red Sox, Braves.
1920s: Bruins.
1930s: Bruins.
1940s: Bruins.
1950s: Celtics.
1960s: Celtics.
1970s: Bruins, Celtics.
1980s: Celtics.
1990s: 🙁
2000s: Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics.
2010s: Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots.
2020s: Celtics, ???

A pretty great history, I think.

PS: The Boston Bruins are now on the clock with the longest drought in Boston.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad