The Canuck Jersey Solved: (S+R)+P=W

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
W9YCIaB.jpg

Haha holy **** it's genius

Thanks Zombotron. I knew it was brilliant. I just didn't know how brilliant. Nice work!

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
I imaged a t-rex head and now I can't see anything but.

Would photoshop onto body of t-rex, but no PS on this computer.

You can't unsee it.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Let's adjust the rake of the stick and the width of the puck...

qr8G0bj.jpg

...and then put that on a jersey...

(**Agency-typeface captain's C replaced with original captain's C)

2jfttO2.jpg

hahahaha

It needs work.

It looks like an icon for a smartphone app.

Which might be a good thing for capturing the interest of future fans. Even if it looks vaguely like the troll face meme.

Stick in rink beats spaghetti skate, hands down.

Nostalgia has it's place, but let's not lose perspective here. The '94 logo and jersey was a duct-tape-and-chewing-gum attempt to salvage the absolutely wretched and abysmal flying V uniforms. There's a reason that kit was abandoned just few years later.

Either go back whole hog to the stick n rink logo, or simplify and streamline the current Orca-C. No matter what, keep the blue and green colour scheme.

But above all else, just win the bloody Cup. They could wear polka dotted pink pajamas for all I care if they manage that feat.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
It looks like an icon for a smartphone app.

Which might be a good thing for capturing the interest of future fans. Even if it looks vaguely like the troll face meme.

Stick in rink beats spaghetti skate, hands down.

Nostalgia has it's place, but let's not lose perspective here. The '94 logo and jersey was a duct-tape-and-chewing-gum attempt to salvage the absolutely wretched and abysmal flying V uniforms. There's a reason that kit was abandoned just few years later.

Either go back whole hog to the stick n rink logo, or simplify and streamline the current Orca-C. No matter what, keep the blue and green colour scheme.

But above all else, just win the bloody Cup. They could wear polka dotted pink pajamas for all I care if they manage that feat.

I have to admit the scary looking happy whale could seriously work. In a downward trend while some fans are still hooked you could throw this "creation" out and I could see it fitting with the younger crowd. I'll never be sold on the whale just for who I am and my personal opinion. The kid in me just loves thinking back to the first live game at 7 years old getting a #16 in black Skate jersey.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
The straight stick was better.

( technically they're both straight, so the perpendicular one I prefer.)

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Yeah the first one was tops. Strikes fear in the heart of no one and would be tough to adapt into a mascot but hilarious nonetheless.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
I think keeping Fin is just fine with that logo. But if you need something to match you could bring back Pucky the Whale from the Hartford Whales days. He has the right colours.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
At least their AHL affiliates mascot is on-brand:

qpacv3jtowazyfpp1bqn.jpg

But seriously, the mascot matching the logo was the original premise for the thread.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I have to admit the scary looking happy whale could seriously work. In a downward trend while some fans are still hooked you could throw this "creation" out and I could see it fitting with the younger crowd. I'll never be sold on the whale just for who I am and my personal opinion. The kid in me just loves thinking back to the first live game at 7 years old getting a #16 in black Skate jersey.

Uhmm. You realize this means that, in my books, you ARE the younger crowd.

:)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
2jfttO2.jpg

That looks like an Olympic logo for fly fishing if they ever admit it as an Olympic sport, next best thing to a golfing logo I guess.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Crazy Thought - what if they kept their currrent color scheme, but used the 1994 logo

Crazy Thought - what if they kept their currrent color scheme, but used the 1994 logo?

-Keep current color scheme
-Go back to the late 80's-1996 logo
-Have the late 80's-1996 logo on the chest, and have the Orca logo on the arms/shoulders/whereveritisnow.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Crazy Thought - what if they kept their currrent color scheme, but used the 1994 logo?

-Keep current color scheme
-Go back to the late 80's-1996 logo
-Have the late 80's-1996 logo on the chest, and have the Orca logo on the arms/shoulders/whereveritisnow.

It's been experimented with. The passive blue/green colorway doesn't work when transposed onto the more aggressive Skate logo.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Just base the mascot off of a sperm whale.
W9YCIaB.jpg

131825.jpg

sperm_whale_tshirt-r04183ab4b0694bcb933a10e3e08b2a20_iq3a2_324.jpg

If we play our cards right, management might actually go for this.

(And throw in a 3rd or 2nd... blah, blah, blah...)

That whale looks like Jim Benning after someone farted on his face and now Benning is smiling because he liked it.

Easy no for me. That whale logo is hideous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad