Recalled/Assigned: The Canadiens have recalled forward Kenny Agostino

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Scherbak will have to be called up soon since he is only on a conditional stint.
I guess they decided to not call him up now because he barely played since being sent down. Played 2 and a half game, and was sick on 1 and half of them.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Agostino has been the Rocket's best forward. He's pretty solid and confident with the puck. No idea how his game will translate to the NHL, but he's the only forward who looks ready to make the jump right now.

Reactions: dralaf and Runner77

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Much ado about nothing! This is a pretty common way of rewarding(and atttracting others in the future) your veteran guys on two way deals by letting them earn an NHL salary for a short period of time, it may not seem like much but it is nice bonus money for them compared to their AHL salary.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Scherbak's stint still has another 6 days before the have to bring him back to Montreal, which would fall on the 13th. Laval has 3 games until then, with a 4th one on the 13th (I don't know if he can get to play in that game, but I doubt it). With Scherbak having played one game sick and the other one not being able to finish it, it "delayed" any possible early call up.

We shouldn't take this as the Habs no longer having faith in Scherbak.

As for Agostino getting the call up, he's the team's best scorer. And he was among the last to get cut at camp, so we knew that he'd be a very possible call up.

I prefer calling Agostino up than any of the young kids who need playing time in the AHL, Scherbak included due to the circumstances of his stint and being sick.

If McCarron wasn't injured, I believe he'd be the call up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Waive benn or shlemko?

And they would still be 7 defensemen. They're 7 now with Schlemko still on IR. When he returns, waiving one of them would still make it 7 defensemen.

And there is no reason to do what you want. They should not rush to anything like waiving one or the other right now.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
And they would still be 7 defensemen. They're 7 now with Schlemko still on IR. When he returns, waiving one of them would still make it 7 defensemen.

And there is no reason to do what you want. They should not rush to anything like waiving one or the other right now.

Kulak would probably be the best call up ever habs could make, more than a embarrassing Benn as our D

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
No need to rush.
True, but have you seen benn on our top pair with Petry? He gets caught sleeping and creates 2v1 chances for the opponents, Kulak needs to take over if he's playing very well offensively and defensively, we've been putting up with Alnzer, Benn, and others for far too long and it's a shit show Defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: