Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Prospect? He's 26 years old. Swayman, by comparison, is 25.

He was healthy in April but didn't start game 1 of the playoffs and only came in when the Leafs were in a 3-1 hole. I'd call that a backup.

Well I mean, he made the NHL at 24. He was our #1 out of camp last season after being our goalie in the playoffs the year before against the Panthers. Again, he was up and down coming off the high ankle sprain and Samsonov had found his game again down the stretch. So started with Samsonov and moved onto Woll, although most agree far too slowly.

Who asked?

Follow the conversation and see

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's been rumored that Swayman is holding a grudge on that...While he has that right to hold out and demand what he feels is a fair deal - his reputation may likely get tarnished in the process.

I think one look at his bank.account when this is all settled will ease any concerns about his reputation..I don't think anyone outside of Bruins faithful is really viewing this negatively anyways

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
He was our #1 out of camp last season after being our goalie in the playoffs the year before against the Panthers.

Samsonov started the first 2 games of the season last year and 6 of the first 10.

The year before against the Panthers in round 2, Samsonov started the first 3 games before suffering a neck injury that booted him from the playoffs. Woll came in in relief and the Leafs lost in 5.

I think you're misremembering.

Woll has been a backup. He played 25 games last season and just 36 games in his entire career.

Maybe he'll become a good starter. But he isn't that now, and he's certainly not proven to be better, or even close to as good, as Swayman.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Samsonov started the first 2 games of the season last year and 6 of the first 10.

The year before against the Panthers in round 2, Samsonov started the first 3 games before suffering a neck injury that booted him from the playoffs. Woll came in in relief and the Leafs lost in 5.

I think you're misremembering.

Woll has been a backup. He played 25 games last season and just 36 games in his entire career.

Maybe he'll become a good starter. But he isn't that now, and he's certainly not proven to be better, or even close to as good, as Swayman.

He's played a backup amount of games due to injuries, but each time he comes back from injury he plays himself into being the guy. This feels like when HF insisted Matthews wasn't a 70 point player because he had a 69 career high due to injuries but it was clear he was much better than the numbers.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I don't understand giving a goalie who hasn't showcased enough such a contract.

There's a big difference between playing half a season splitting games vs 60 games and 4-6 games in a row. No one has any idea if he can handle a starters workload yet.

Reactions: FMichael

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth

There's a big difference between playing half a season splitting games vs 60 games and 4-6 games in a row. No one has any idea if he can handle a starters workload yet.

Since no goaltenders play 82 games - playing 41 and 44 games does not represent 'playing half a season' for a goaltender. A 44 game season would represent 75% of the workload for a starting goaltender.

Also, how could he have proved himself as a #1 goaltender who can play 60-62 games if he was never put in that position by the organization he is now negotiating his long term contract extension with? Not exactly fair to criticize him for circumstances he had no control over (other than his level of play)

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I know one thing. If the Bruins remain the competitive team sans Ullmark/Swayman. I’ll take back all I said about Marchand as a captain. Cause that’ll take some leadership to keep away the buzzards

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
He's played a backup amount of games due to injuries, but each time he comes back from injury he plays himself into being the guy. This feels like when HF insisted Matthews wasn't a 70 point player because he had a 69 career high due to injuries but it was clear he was much better than the numbers.

It’s really not like that at all.

He was healthy at the start of the 22/23 playoffs. He was the backup.

He was healthy at the start of last season. He was the backup.

He was healthy at the start of the 23/24 playoffs. He was the backup.

This is the first time in his NHL career he’s the presumed starter. So calling him a proven starter as good or better than Swayman is ridiculous.

He might be the next great starter. Or he might be the next Ville Husso. We don’t know.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It’s really not like that at all.

He was healthy at the start of the 22/23 playoffs. He was the backup.

He was healthy at the start of last season. He was the backup.

He was healthy at the start of the 23/24 playoffs. He was the backup.

This is the first time in his NHL career he’s the presumed starter. So calling him a proven starter as good or better than Swayman is ridiculous.

He might be the next great starter. Or he might be the next Ville Husso. We don’t know.

Those who watch him know. He is legit.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

Yup - and it’s why I think the Bruins brass mentioned $64 large because social media has been one sided here.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Noticing a trend here, it seems the fans that are supporting swayman are fans of teams that are stuck in 8-15 yr organizational rebuilds. Whereas fans of teams that support the Bruins are fans of teams that are perennial contenders. Wondering if there’s a correlation to this .

• Haha
Reactions: Habby4Life

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Noticing a trend here, it seems the fans that are supporting swayman are fans of teams that are stuck in 8-15 yr organizational rebuilds. Whereas fans of teams that support the Bruins are fans of teams that are perennial contenders. Wondering if there’s a correlation to this .
You don’t speak for this fan. I disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad