Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Columbus might if Boston takes Elvis back.

Could be. I just think Boston will never get full value in a trade considering his contract demands. Maybe I'm wrong. They'll probably find middle ground at some point but it's looking like it will be less than 8 years.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Anyone else waiting for this supposed bombshell that's coming out any minute?

No goalie in the NHL is worth over 8M imo. It's a mostly system based position. There's a reason every goalie that ever played in Boston or Nashville is great.

Swayman would not look great in a team like Chicago, MTL or San Jose
Montreal and San Jose have guys in the pipeline that better match their timelines.

Reactions: UConn126

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
No goalie in the NHL is worth over 8M imo. It's a mostly system based position. There's a reason every goalie that ever played in Boston or Nashville is great.

Swayman would not look great in a team like Chicago, MTL or San Jose

I would agree. Not to mention the fact that they only play around 60-65% of their team's games.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Swayman for:

Gibson and Zegras
Merzlikins and Johnson (or Jiricek)
UPL and Krebs

No way is he worth that much. Then you pay him $9 million or more per year? Goalies don't fetch as much in trades as most fans think.

Swayman doesn't even come close to 60-65% of the games.

I just mean starters in general. If he's getting paid $8 million or more I bet his team will ride him as much as they can.

Reactions: I Hate Philadelphia

Gumdrop

Sep 30, 2024
Michigan
I will never understand why Boston didn't at least start to figure this out before Ullmark.

At the same time where is he going to get better than 8x8? Does he want a shorter deal or something, or just out of Boston at this point?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
No way is he worth that much. Then you pay him $9 million or more per year? Goalies don't fetch as much in trades as most fans think.

I just mean starters in general. If he's getting paid $8 million or more I bet his team will ride him as much as they can.
he doesn't even play that many games now and yet htink he deserved to make price or bob money.. Who imo are way better goalies with actual awards to show it.

I will never understand why Boston didn't at least start to figure this out before Ullmark.

At the same time where is he going to get better than 8x8? Does he want a shorter deal or something, or just out of Boston at this point?

They can't afford Swayman if they kept Ullmark and would even get a much worse trade later if they traded Ullmark later.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
he doesn't even play that many games now and yet htink he deserved to make price or bob money.. Who imo are way better goalies with actual awards to show it.

I agree with you but it's safe to say he'd be playing a lot more this season without Ullmark around. Even still, not sure why goalies should get paid that much when they don't play over 1/3 of the time.

Reactions: HabzSauce

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

They had to trade Ullmark when they did because if his NTC of they wanted any chance of recouping a high draft pick after trading so many away.

I'd guess they had a frame work in place with Swayman before the trade, but Swayman's agent probably got his ear after the Ullmark trade and sold him on the idea of leveraging that to "reset the goalie market".

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Swayman doesn't even come close to 60-65% of the games.
Maybe it's just me, but it appears to me that Swayman is just begging to have this all blow up in his face...Get big $$$ contract - ends up playing 50 plus games a season - gets worn out/exposed - 3 years from now he's trade bait.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Say what you want about biz, but this dude has sources. He was the first person to say Swayman's agent was about to drop a response and that its gonna get messy

Only Bruins fans thought what Neely did this morning was cool

Reactions: Nikki Potnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad