Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
People are insane if they think Swayman is going anywhere. They just lost their other number one goalie, they are not letting this one go too. :laugh:

Reactions: Fatass

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Isn’t 80 million what Swayman is rumoured (in this thread) to want?
And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Who cares what’s rumored in an HF thread , he’s not worth 80 million for a half season goalie. Praying the bruins don’t leaf up their roster.

Reactions: RI.B FAN

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Any GM that would pay anything close to this for an unsigned goalie who refuses to play until you pay him $10mil a year would be fired just for suggesting it.
None of these are big payments.

Merzlikins+Johnson is close to net 0 with how awful Merz contract is.

Again, gibson contract is also horrific.

And a very significant upgrade in buffalo for the small price of krebs is again, very little

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I do, because they are arguably a star goalie away from making some real noise and with a new fanbase to impress ownership should be (and has been so far) willing to spend to make that happen. They also have a ton of young, cost-controlled talent in Cooley, Iginla, Doan, Kesselring, Simashev and But to use more cap than most teams on a goalie. It's a natural fit to me.

its not worth the cost of giving up assets just to pay the 8x10m+ for someone that only played half a season WITH no awards or anything to show it. BAD contract waiting to happen.

there is no way teams acquire a player that isn't currently under contract that has RFA status. Swayman will still be making the same demands no many who the team is.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The max the Bruins can offer him is like $9.3 or thereabouts while running a 13F/7D, 2G roster?

It's tough because I understand from the player's POV they are looking at the cap to go way up and don't want to commit to an amount they will be kicking themselves over in 2 years.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
None of these are big payments.

Merzlikins+Johnson is close to net 0 with how awful Merz contract is.

Again, gibson contract is also horrific.

And a very significant upgrade in buffalo for the small price of krebs is again, very little
I'd actually be very interested in seeing how Gibson would do in Boston 1) playing behind a good defensive team and 2) not having to play 60-65 games. I think if Anaheim could dump him with retention for any kind of return Boston would be a good place.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
And if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. Who cares what’s rumored in an HF thread , he’s not worth 80 million for a half season goalie. Praying the bruins don’t leaf up their roster.
I mean she could still be your aunt

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
After 2 years he is a UFA and walks for free. It would be like Marner, except they gave Marner a NMC on top

You are sniffing glue. Show one objective comparison to back this up.
Marner got absolutely top dollar. The bruins could get his number down and try to repair the relationship. It’s either that or sign a disgruntled guy who hasn’t proven his worth yet to a very risky contract. Anything over 8m x 8 is insane. He should take that but if he don’t, they should hold firm. Dubas didn’t and look how that went

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It's possible Swayman doesn't want to take an 8 year deal knowing that the cap is going up even more and Igor could be making $11-12mil very soon.
If the cap goes up,is Swayman the only one that should benefit from, no other player on the roster should get their fair share of the pie.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I’m think most would think definitely not. Swayman is the Bruins most important player. Pasta is their best player. McAvoy is great too. But imo they will struggle without Swayman.
Bruins have got by the Leafs before Swayman and will do so after.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah well this time Gross has the leverage not the Bruins. Swayman will absolutely sit just long enough to ruin the season but still get paid. He knows that 8x8 offer will still be there a month into the season.

Gross had Nylander hold out till Dec first to get 400k more / season
If I was the Bruins that offer comes off the table real soon, sign now or it changes.

Shouldn't have waited so long to offer what's he's worth. Swayman has them over a barrel
Not true, he will be home sitting on his couch in Alaska, because he cannot afford Boston real-estate

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
Listening to the guys on Overdrive today and I can't help but to begin to think when all is lost in this relationship. The Bruins have a gutsy history of moving on when enough is enough (Thornton, Kessel, Seguin immediately come to mind). I think the rumoured 8x8 is far beyond what I would be comfortable with given the sample size

Reactions: LeonDraisaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad