Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
The good news for the Bs (and the bad news for Swayman's camp) is it's not like there is a great trade partner out there. Any team needs to 1- absorb a $7M+ cap hit for a goalie 2- be a contender 3- have a young goalie they can send back to fill the hole left by trading him. I also doubt Boston wants to trade him in-conference, limiting possible trade partners even more. Guessing he stays a Bruin.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The good news for the Bs (and the bad news for Swayman's camp) is it's not like there is a great trade partner out there. Any team needs to 1- absorb a $7M+ cap hit for a goalie 2- be a contender 3- have a young goalie they can send back to fill the hole left by trading him. I also doubt Boston wants to trade him in-conference, limiting possible trade partners even more. Guessing he stays a Bruin.
That's a key part imo.

Given Montreal's interest in Askarov I could see them being interested in Swayman should be available.

But he isn't, so it ends there.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

But also the Bruins traded Ullmark and are kind of screwed. Who is their guy? Korpi? lol

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Really wonder who is balking at what on the length. Youd think the Bruins would want this done for 7-8 years. My guess is Bruins are offering money and length and Swayman wants money and short term to cash in again.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Here's what I assume happened

Sweeney and Swayman's agent had the framework of an extension worked out before the draft and shook on it, saying they'd hammer out the details later. That gave Sweeney assurance to trade Ullmark before the draft and make the moves in free agency he did. Then afterwards he circled back and Swayman & his agent go SIKE, now that you don't have Ullmark we have all the leverage and the ask on years and/or AAV went up.

Reactions: Leafshater67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad