Online Series: The Boys (Amazon) - Season 4

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm glad I watched Gen V this week, because otherwise this episode would have been simultaneously confusing and also a big spoiler for that series. Kinda irritated that they made a side series into a significant plot point in the main series. Feel bad for anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

Otherwise, pleased that this episode mostly stuck to the central plot elements (aside of Hughie). So many of the characters have B-plots that just feel like the writers don't know what to do with them at this point.
Yes, I hadn't and the recap spoiled that for me.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I like the series and think Starr is probably the best actor we've produced since Sam Neil but I struggle with the accent Urban puts on

He's a good actor but everytime I hear him it pulls me out of the story, it's atrocious

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I wonder if they could suffocate Neuman? Attack from behind and put a black plastic bag over her head so she can't see or breath and hold her down. She is strong but not super strong physically. Kimiko and Annie could overpower her, maybe even some strong humans as well.

I agree with people here that Sage is probably playing everyone. She doesn't seem to love the supe lifestyle, she was content living alone surrounded by books even though with her smarts she could probably be a billionaire easily. I think she is trying to turn the Seven against each other, although I don't know what her plan is for Homelander.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wonder if they could suffocate Neuman? Attack from behind and put a black plastic bag over her head so she can't see or breath and hold her down. She is strong but not super strong physically. Kimiko and Annie could overpower her, maybe even some strong humans as well.

I agree with people here that Sage is probably playing everyone. She doesn't seem to love the supe lifestyle, she was content living alone surrounded by books even though with her smarts she could probably be a billionaire easily. I think she is trying to turn the Seven against each other, although I don't know what her plan is for Homelander.

One scene that struck me in this week's episode was her noticing Homelanders face twitching as he was watching from the side of the stage at that convention.

I wonder if she's trying to coerce him down a path of driving himself insane so that he kills himself. She sees how mentally unstable he is.

Good episode though... the sheep were hilarious, and I love the Gen V easter eggs!

I really enjoyed how they're developing Ryan's character in a short time by leveraging Homelander's own upbringing and stuff .. it seemed like it was lining up a Ryan vs Homelander ending in a traditional Ryan becomes a "good" hero vs "evil" Homelander. But it was a great twist to see Homelander finally connect with Ryan and manipulate him.

That being said, I think it ends in a conflict between Ryan and Homelander .. but in the sense that Ryan goes more off the f***ed up deep end to the extent that it shocks Homelander.

Also seems more likely we'll see Gen V crossover into the 5th season with Cate and Sam right in the forefront at Voight.

Great scene with Quaid, Pegg, and the mom .. sad ending of that storyline

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The latest episode was a bit of a mixed bag to me. The prime storyline with the investigation at the farm was fine, with some solid character work and fleshing out on all sides.

I'm left scratching my head a bit about Hughie's storyline. Came across as torturing the characters for the sake of torturing the characters, and the writers not really knowing what to do with Hughie in general.

The politicking inside Vaught tower is very interesting. I'm finding all of A-Train, Deep, Ashley and Sage's various pulling of threads to be quite fascinating to watch.

And seeing Homelander find an "in" to connect with Ryan was disconcerting.

Anyway - some good things, some bad. Curious to see where this all ends up.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I like the series and think Starr is probably the best actor we've produced since Sam Neil but I struggle with the accent Urban puts on

He's a good actor but everytime I hear him it pulls me out of the story, it's atrocious
Jessie Usher is also acting the shit out of A Train. Hard to put on a convincing redemption arc with all the evil and weaselly shit he's done up to this point. That awkward smile he gave to Sage when she was talking about the leak was A+.

Sage totally knows it was him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad