OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Why is buying a chair so hard? Been researching stuff for like a week now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why is buying a chair so hard? Been researching stuff for like a week now.
Check Respawn. It's a gaming chair, but I got lower back pain from playing hockey my entire life and it was a lifesaver. I don't game at all in it, I just have it for back support and comfortability.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

I don't know why Finland, Sweden, and the Netherlands are full of metal queens, but thank god they are

Battle Beast is one of the best live bands in the world right now. They are absolutely thrilling on stage, if anybody reading this ever gets the chance to see them live, you should jump at the chance because they are almost peerless.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I was scrolling my Youtube feed and this Cale Makar video caught my eye.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 12.20.36 PM.png

Only that's not Cale, its Big Z.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
@McMetal - went to the Maiden concert on Saturday, and this band opened up for them. The Hu.

Mongolian folk metal band, not a word of English in their music. Kind of a death metal-ish, Viking war chant (or Mongol war chant, I suppose), heavy deep bass/drum vibe, with melodies played on an instrument called a Morin Khuur (horsehead fiddle).

It was unique, certainly different, even a bit strange......and I really liked it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
@McMetal - went to the Maiden concert on Saturday, and this band opened up for them. The Hu.

Mongolian folk metal band, not a word of English in their music. Kind of a death metal-ish, Viking war chant (or Mongol war chant, I suppose), heavy deep bass/drum vibe, with melodies played on an instrument called a Morin Khuur (horsehead fiddle).

It was unique, certainly different, even a bit strange......and I really liked it.

Yeah, they're one of the most unique bands in metal history. A real testament to how diverse the genre can be.

I ended up missing the Maiden show sadly (had to watch my budget after all the shows I went to this year). I'll catch them next time, it sounds like they're going to do another retro tour of just 80s material.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yeah, they're one of the most unique bands in metal history. A real testament to how diverse the genre can be.

I ended up missing the Maiden show sadly (had to watch my budget after all the shows I went to this year). I'll catch them next time, it sounds like they're going to do another retro tour of just 80s material.
I would like that a lot. They were good this time around, but I could quibble with the set list. Only two songs pre-1986 (Somewhere in Time).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad