OT: The Avalounge (mod warning - No Politics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Maybe a dumb tech question but for those of ya’ll out there with VPNs to watch Avs games - can you stack VPN’s? Ie my work has a VPN that I gotta log into every day. If I put a VPN on my wifi will I have trouble logging into my VPN from work?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Just got the trophy for 15 years on HF. Unreal how fast time goes by.
Congrats man!

What's amazing to me is the number of people that have been around that long or longer now. I feel like I've "known" some of y'all so long. The community here is kinda of special I think.

So glad that Jori (I think that was her name) referred me over here back when the ESPN forum was dying. This place has been a real good experience. So many more level headed conversations and chances to learn. It even feels like our conversations/threads have become really more enlightening over time as well with the increasing level of knowledge of advanced stats. Everyone's knowledge has kinda exploded...but mine. *LOL*

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Day three of my marathon is tonight. In my 25 years of being a metalhead, I've never attempted anything like this. Here's my concert schedule:

8/29 - Lamb of God @ Red Rocks
8/30 - Riot
8/31 - Powerwolf + Unleash the Archers
9/1 - Day Off
9/2 - Nervosa + Lich King
9/3 - Fly to Atlanta
9/4-9/7 - ProgPower USA Festival

Ten days. Eight concerts. 36 bands. It's going to either be absolutely epic, or it's going to kill me. We'll see which one at the end of it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Day three of my marathon is tonight. In my 25 years of being a metalhead, I've never attempted anything like this. Here's my concert schedule:

8/30 - Riot
9/1 - Day Off
9/3 - Fly to Atlanta

Ten days. Eight concerts. 36 bands. It's going to either be absolutely epic, or it's going to kill me. We'll see which one at the end of it.
It was nice knowing you.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

8/30 - Riot
9/1 - Day Off
9/3 - Fly to Atlanta

I'm not the biggest metal head, but dying via a metal tour, sounds pretty f***ing metal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

8/30 - Riot
9/1 - Day Off
9/3 - Fly to Atlanta

Christopher lee GIF - Find on GIFER

Christopher Lee would be proud.

Reactions: McMetal

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nazi-slaying superspy/commando, movie star, opera/heavy metal singer, and one of the people Ian Fleming based James Bond on. Appeared in the Star Wars, James Bond, Lord of the Rings, and Dracula franchises. It's hard to imagine a more impressive modern-day resume.
Dude played Dracula ten times, Dr. Fu Manchu five times, and Sherlock Holmes three times as well as appearing as Mycroft Holmes and Sir Henry Baskerville. He was in the sequel to Gremlins and also holds the record for appearing in the most number of films with a sword fight. Almost impossible to even pick a top 10-20 list for him.

I think my favorite thing though is that he was truly one of the few exceptions to the rule about meeting your heroes. Met him in 90s and he could not have been a nicer. He was sharing stories with a bunch of folks but was also asking everyone in the place about what they did and really seemed to be genuinely curious and was extremely generous with his time.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He was a big fan of Rhapsody of Fire and narrated some of their albums before the band broke off into 6 other Rhapsody-esque bands.

We all know the name Dargor, but did we ever learn the name of the hero of Loregard? The one who commanded the army of the enchanted lands?

I like some of Rhapsody, but I've got say the first minute and half with Sir Christopher Lee was epic. Not only is he just damn epic, but those shots of nature, fjords, and mountains are just jaw-dropping in the intro.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So last month, I reconvened with one of my good childhood friends. First time I've seen him in ten years and had a great time. We talked about all the great things in the past as well as what we're doing nowadays. Good time. Well, we were on the topic of games and we both had a fun conversation of a random Sega Genesis game he left at my house like 15 or so years ago.

Well, I'm meeting him sometime next week and he texted me if I could bring that 10 dollar Genesis game back. FML. I'm totally fine to return it because it's his, but that is some big time respect points lost for asking for a 15+ year game. It sucks because I thought he was above that, but I guess people are...unique in their own way. What are you lots thoughts about this? It should not be bugging me, but it kind of is. The bloke is way more wealthy I am and if he was so desperate, it's on eBay for 20 bucks, but he might be one of those penny pinching rich blokes. I'm just glad I don't have that type of personality.

We all know the name Dargor, but did we ever learn the name of the hero of Loregard? The one who commanded the army of the enchanted lands?

I like some of Rhapsody, but I've got say the first minute and half with Sir Christopher Lee was epic. Not only is he just damn epic, but those shots of nature, fjords, and mountains are just jaw-dropping in the intro.
No idea lol. I never followed Rhapsody's story. For some reason I can't really get into a lot of those nerd metal bands anymore. I still like the music, don't get me wrong, but something seems off to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
So last month, I reconvened with one of my good childhood friends. First time I've seen him in ten years and had a great time. We talked about all the great things in the past as well as what we're doing nowadays. Good time. Well, we were on the topic of games and we both had a fun conversation of a random Sega Genesis game he left at my house like 15 or so years ago.

Well, I'm meeting him sometime next week and he texted me if I could bring that 10 dollar Genesis game back. FML. I'm totally fine to return it because it's his, but that is some big time respect points lost for asking for a 15+ year game. It sucks because I thought he was above that, but I guess people are...unique in their own way. What are you lots thoughts about this? It should not be bugging me, but it kind of is. The bloke is way more wealthy I am and if he was so desperate, it's on eBay for 20 bucks, but he might be one of those penny pinching rich blokes. I'm just glad I don't have that type of personality.
This is hilarious to me. At some point possession is 9/10ths of the law. Your post reminded me that I have a friend who borrowed (and never returned) my Red Alert 2 CDs for PC.

For me to ask them for them back at this point would be embarrassing for me.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad