OT: The Arizona Coyotes Lounge XVII - Office Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
They had some good Van Hagar songs, but the first 6 albums are all great IMO. It's probably a generational thing.

This unreleased demo came out 2 yrs before their debut album and is simply awesome.

I love all the Van Halen stuff, I just really like Sammy Hagar too. And you're right, I was at an age when I listened to more music than ever at that time so I'm sure that plays a part. Plus, I always thought David Lee Roth was kind of weird while Sammy Hagar was cool. Amazing how good he looks and sings at his age now too. Maybe there's some age defying magic in his tequila.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I always thought David Lee Roth was kind of weird while Sammy Hagar was cool. Amazing how good he looks and sings at his age now too. Maybe there's some age defying magic in his tequila.

Agree. Hagar's solo work is also much better than Roth's.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Agree. Hagar's solo work is also much better than Roth's.
But Roth and Eddie are still the heart of Van Halen to me.
Hagar is fine. Solo or with Van Halen, he's good.
Roth was more of a character, and wasn't great trying to make a go of it solo. But Van Halen was still better with him than without.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Jim Rogers, owner of Arcadia and founder of AZ Ice, passed away yesterday. I may have never gotten along with him on the ice (he was one of only two coaches I ever threw out of a game) but he did a lot as a pioneer of the Arizona hockey community. Thanks, Jim. Rest In Peace.

Yeah, I heard about him a lot, but never met him...but I probably owe him a lot if for no other reason than stepping up and buying Gilbert when Polar Ice went under, which otherwise would probably be an indoor soccer facility or something now.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Am I the only one that liked them best with Sammy Hagar?
You and Sammy are in agreement. Van Halen blows Van Hagar out of the water but, honestly, it is like 2 different bands.

It is amazing how prolific the band was during the late 70's to early 90's. Dropped albums with DLR at a faster clip than France drops rifles and did not miss a beat when they grew tired of him and transitioned to the Red Rocker.

Had a hankering for a Bobbie from Capriotti's yesterday. The 16th St location is pining for the fjords so I had to venture to Old Town (terrible location). Listed to Van Halen I both ways. Damn, Eddie could shred.

Reactions: RemoAZ

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Last couple of nights there have been a few coyotes outside my house that won't stfu. How do you folks deal with this regularly? :laugh:

A few nights ago around 11PM I went for a walk on my usual walking path that borders a field and I heard a ton of coyotes out there being rambunctious. As I got closer to them and they got louder I thought "um, nope I don't want to have anything to do with these guys" and rerouted myself through a neighborhood.

When I'm in my house I don't mind them at all but when I'm near their turf I think twice.

Reactions: Mosby

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
You guys see these? Don't know anything about the site or who makes them. Not going to order but I like the darker colors.
Online Fundraising Platform | Handbid
120943811_3691069207578348_3423830299355852224_n.jpg

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
A few nights ago around 11PM I went for a walk on my usual walking path that borders a field and I heard a ton of coyotes out there being rambunctious. As I got closer to them and they got louder I thought "um, nope I don't want to have anything to do with these guys" and rerouted myself through a neighborhood.

When I'm in my house I don't mind them at all but when I'm near their turf I think twice.
I run into them all the time walking or biking the canal in the early morning or late night. I once ran into one about 15 feet away when I came to a corner. Scared us both! He jumped like a deer starts when he saw me. They are very shy. Usually bolt as soon as they see me. They get braver with numbers, but even two or three of them will keep their distance or scatter. Only time I was really nervous (besides the time we almost blindly ran into each other) was when there were about six of them. They paced me from about 40 yards away the other side of the canal. Usually even a couple will just scatter when they see you. They stopped, and they never actually bothered me or got terribly close, but they were definitely braver than any other encounter.

Reactions: Mosby

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I love VH, but the show did not sound good. Perhaps poor acoustics inside the arena, or maybe they were all wasted.
Only time I saw them live was at the US Festival in 83, they were the top billing, final act and the worst of the day.... except Eddie, good Lord he was AWESOME.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Brian Burke's new book is a really good read if anyone's looking for a hockey fix. It just released today and I've already crushed the first seven chapters.

I believe he's doing the audiobook version of it as well.

One of the better hockey books I've read for sure. A lot of them can be very dry I find (and certainly not as profane as this one, haha).

41R%2BAVsJcgL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Can anyone help me understand the pandemic situation in Arizona a little better?

Being in Arizona, and also not paying close attention to this pandemic, it seems the numbers have gone down ever since there really scary peak, that shocked people into behaving a bit more responsibly. Was that really crazy spike responsible for people taking hand-washing, sanitizer, face masks, and social distancing seriously? Are those measures that have become common-place the reason for the declining numbers?

I mean, Arizona is basically totally open again, right? And has been for some time, I think, unless I'm mistaken. But the pandemic seems to have mostly disappeared here, hasn't it? Why?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Can anyone help me understand the pandemic situation in Arizona a little better?

Being in Arizona, and also not paying close attention to this pandemic, it seems the numbers have gone down ever since there really scary peak, that shocked people into behaving a bit more responsibly. Was that really crazy spike responsible for people taking hand-washing, sanitizer, face masks, and social distancing seriously? Are those measures that have become common-place the reason for the declining numbers?

I mean, Arizona is basically totally open again, right? And has been for some time, I think, unless I'm mistaken. But the pandemic seems to have mostly disappeared here, hasn't it? Why?

I think the states/nations with the highest deaths per capita have reached a level of herd immunity, plus the medical community has developed more effective treatments. Deaths are a more relevant metric than infections because the infection rate is largely influenced by the degree of testing.

Infectious disease experts (not me) say that without a vaccine nearly everyone will contract the virus, although some people may have an immunity achieved through earlier infections/vaccines in their life.

Look at the daily deaths for the states with the highest death rate. It looks like they've reached Sweden like immunity and any spike in infections should not cause great alarm. Infection increases are due to people returning to school, work, and life.

upload_2020-10-15_9-19-17.png

upload_2020-10-15_9-19-52.png

upload_2020-10-15_9-20-28.png

upload_2020-10-15_9-20-57.png

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The death chart just looks like a miniature of the infection chart to me? But delayed obviously. It still looks like Arizona got nailed later than major east coast states, and then tapered off. Whether it’s herd immunity or increased personal precautions not dictated by the state, it seems like there isn’t currently a huge problem here right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad