GDT: The All-In-One 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
cut.jpg

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Lyon playing out his ass. Has made some crazy good saves vs Bruins!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I was trying to watch the Dallas/Minn OT when all the sudden it cut me off and said I didn't have permission to watch the game. This was on Hulu/ESPN+. Anyone have any idea why the f*** that would happen?

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
I was trying to watch the Dallas/Minn OT when all the sudden it cut me off and said I didn't have permission to watch the game. This was on Hulu/ESPN+. Anyone have any idea why the f*** that would happen?
Not sure. I just added my directv back on so i can watch the hockey playoff games. When its over I am cancelling it for good. Had my account onhold for the last two months.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I have youtube tv and did not have this problem while viewing the game via espn2

that was a pretty marginal call that led to the pp gwg goal for LA. For the record, I detest the Kings.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I have youtube tv and did not have this problem while viewing the game via espn2

that was a pretty marginal call that led to the pp gwg goal for LA. For the record, I detest the Kings.
Don't care about the call, I hate the Oilers. I told the wife to prepare after the OT goal went in. Edmonton complete waste of their #1 draft picks over the years and the 'Yotes get crumbs. Also their fans are beyond whiners-- BS league, Refs always against them, McDavid gets no calls, etc, etc... Oilers can pack sand.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Curious of other F40 thoughts on 2 aspects of the Dumba hit on Pavelski....

1) regardless of your opinion if it was clean or dirty, what about the aspect that Pavelski was engaged with another opponent of the Wild and then Dumba comes from a much different angle and blasts him. I really think the NHL needs a similar rule to the NFL Chop block aka High-Low penalty. Should be some rule you can't blindside a guy already engaged with another opponent.

2) when will the NHL realize their outdated helmets are responsible for 50% of most head injuries which occur after hits such as these.

When was the last study of effectiveness of helmets done? 20th century?

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Curious of other F40 thoughts on 2 aspects of the Dumba hit on Pavelski....

1) regardless of your opinion if it was clean or dirty, what about the aspect that Pavelski was engaged with another opponent of the Wild and then Dumba comes from a much different angle and blasts him. I really think the NHL needs a similar rule to the NFL Chop block aka High-Low penalty. Should be some rule you can't blindside a guy already engaged with another opponent.

2) when will the NHL realize their outdated helmets are responsible for 50% of most head injuries which occur after hits such as these.

When was the last study of effectiveness of helmets done? 20th century?

The helmet may have nothing to do with it, and perhaps neither did his head hitting the ice. When the cranium stops suddenly, the brain keeps moving. Pavelski has previous concussions, making new occurrences more likely.

Looking at this angle, I wouldn't say he was engaged. He was blindsided, and I'd say the hit was a tad late.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I thought that McCabe hit was a headshot and Bunting was just stupid. This is a very poorly officiated game.
As a Leaf fan, do you think Toronto can afford to have Bunting on the ice in the playoffs?

He does a lot of good things and instigates well, but also takes dumb penalties and has a poor reputation with officials.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
As a Leaf fan, do you think Toronto can afford to have Bunting on the ice in the playoffs?

He does a lot of good things and instigates well, but also takes dumb penalties and has a poor reputation with officials.
To be honest this year has been an embarrassing display from Bunting and Officials. His actions have earned him the loss of benefit of the doubt but what the Officials have ignored done to him and called him for should have them called to Uncle Gary's office.

To answer question his upcoming suspension might actually help team by getting Jarnkrok up with m&m and taking a sideshow away.

But in reality for some reason a Leaf does this same stupidity every single year in playoffs.

It might cost Bunting a hometown contract though

Reactions: AZviaNJ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
To be honest this year has been an embarrassing display from Bunting and Officials. His actions have earned him the loss of benefit of the doubt but what the Officials have ignored done to him and called him for should have them called to Uncle Gary's office.

To answer question his upcoming suspension might actually help team by getting Jarnkrok up with m&m and taking a sideshow away.

But in reality for some reason a Leaf does this same stupidity every single year in playoffs.

It might cost Bunting a hometown contract though
Their struggles are all Matthews' fault. They need to banish that bum to AZ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad