OT: The all encompassing HFSabres music thread with no rules (as long as it’s music posted)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Well f***. I got a random message on Facebook this morning and it was by the singer of Rise Against asking if I’ll be a guest singer on his alt-country solo album. Which is weird because the 5 one off bands I’ve been in has never recorded anything, and I refuse to use anybody I know to make a music career happen.
Tim’s a solid dude if true. Shocking he has an alt-country solo album seeing as they just got done/currently recording an album for the band.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Well f***. I got a random message on Facebook this morning and it was by the singer of Rise Against asking if I’ll be a guest singer on his alt-country solo album. Which is weird because the 5 one off bands I’ve been in has never recorded anything, and I refuse to use anybody I know to make a music career happen.

That's dope! I listen to at least one track on Sufferer daily

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
You’re not a Beatles fan? That really surprises me!
See, I get that a lot because I like bands that were influenced by them, but I’m not a fan. 🤣
I don't blame you, I preferred the Stones and the Who to them

"The Rolling Stones were the mummy's boys, they were all college students from the outskirts of London. The Stones made great records, but they were always shit on stage, whereas the Beatles were the gear. "
- Ian Kilmister

One Beatles (a frickin B-side):

One Lemmy (a frickin Hawkwind 50th anniversary animated recreation of the Space Ritual show with all visuals. Yes, including Stacia):

Edit: A little more Lemmy from 1969 when he was still playing guitar and singing for Sam Gopal

Last edited:

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

This just f***ing sucks. Sick Of It All are one of my favorite bands, praying for Lou to beat this.

I was at this show.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
The original British Invasion is underrated:

This thread is making me take sides for the King against y'all on the eve of Independence Day, sorry

The British Invasion (and were stretching that back) is why most of the music now is a thing. Celtic music inspired bluegrass/country. The loud guitars inspired punk and metal and hardcore and all the offshoots. The only actual American music is hip hop, and even that was because of different non-American music

• Love
Reactions: Ralonzo

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
The British Invasion (and were stretching that back) is why most of the music now is a thing. Celtic music inspired bluegrass/country. The loud guitars inspired punk and metal and hardcore and all the offshoots. The only actual American music is hip hop, and even that was because of different non-American music

Offshoots? Like... oh, let's say grunge bands that should have been bigger?

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Music influences music.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Using the acronym for your post, if you’re interested at all in music, go check out the Musical Instrument Museum either online or in person if you live in Phoenix.

@Gras tell us how cool this place is when you go!

My wife and I went to the MIM on our third date. It is amazing.

Speaking of, slightly veering away from music - So I took my wife's name when we got married. I have a circa 2013 road white Sabres jersey with 00 and what is now my old last name on it (was a gift from an ex's parents, they didn't know much about hockey). I want to get that switched out. Anyone know anywhere that can do that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad