NCAA GDT: The 2024-24 NCAA (Insert Name Here) Bowl Thread

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Combined 21 players for WVU/UNC have entered the portal already. UNC has had their 2 top players not playing because of the Draft.

And both are playing in meaningless bowls, who cares

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
On flip side to argument about guys pulling out of game to protect themselves for draft

Some guys who were on track to go in late/mid rounds can see stock improve from strong games

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Now that we are less than a week out from the CFP, who are you guys cheering for to win it all out of the 4? Would also be curious to hear who your CFB team is in addition to which of the 4 you hope win. For those who don't know I am a Washington fan.

Sep 19, 2008
Compelling argument any game other than the ones you have direct ties to are not worth watching.

I have only tracked one game this bowl season and that was today (VT's first Bowl win in 7 years). And I didn't even watch, it was on the radio while I was busy doing stuff

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Now that we are less than a week out from the CFP, who are you guys cheering for to win it all out of the 4? Would also be curious to hear who your CFB team is in addition to which of the 4 you hope win. For those who don't know I am a Washington fan.

Washington but I'm not going to upset if they lose. It is what it is but overall I'm not that interested in this group of teams.

Reactions: Tryamw

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Washington but I'm not going to upset if they lose. It is what it is but overall I'm not that interested in this group of teams.
I've found a lot of fans outside the 4 fanbases are cheering for us for 2 reasons:

1. Washington isn't a blue blood like the other 3. We are more in the 2nd tier of elite programs. Historical comparisons would be Auburn, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and our rival Oregon.

2. There's no controversy surrounding us, unlike one loss Alabama and Texas getting in over undefeated FSU, and Michigan alleged sign stealing.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I've found a lot of fans outside the 4 fanbases are cheering for us for 2 reasons:

1. Washington isn't a blue blood like the other 3. We are more in the 2nd tier of elite programs. Historical comparisons would be Auburn, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and our rival Oregon.

2. There's no controversy surrounding us, unlike one loss Alabama and Texas getting in over undefeated FSU, and Michigan alleged sign stealing.

I have family that live in Ann Arbor, great town but I like Michigan State and Ohio State better. One of my favorite memories was watching Ohio State beat Miami in 2003 with a friend and his family who were both Buckeye alumni, also watched Spartys 2000 basketball title at a MSU household.

Alabama, I respect what they've done but man talk about being the cockroach that won't die.

Texas I don't really care one way or the other. But I used to go to Dallas for family and their alumni remind me of my UNC friends, and I don't like UNC. Michigan is kind of the same way to be honest.

To be honest I root for Washington State in the Apple Cup typically but Washington is out of sight out of mind for me. And yeah they earned that spot no question

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
if my team went to the mayo bowl as the coach i would do everyting possible to lose it. such a stupid idea lol. almost as bad as tomorrows poptart bowl ffs.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I get the game location and conditions weren't ideal (or even good for that matter) but what a wet fart of a showing by SMU. Hopefully Miami-Rutgers is a better game similarly held in a baseball stadium. in the northeast. in late December.

seriously, who decided to have these two bowl games in these two stadiums? it's just stupid.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I get the game location and conditions weren't ideal (or even good for that matter) but what a wet fart of a showing by SMU. Hopefully Miami-Rutgers is a better game similarly held in a baseball stadium. in the northeast. in late December.

seriously, who decided to have these two bowl games in these two stadiums? it's just stupid.
SMU didn’t want to be there. They won the American and thought they should be in the NY6. Instead they went to Boston in late December.

Reactions: DaveG

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I have family that live in Ann Arbor, great town but I like Michigan State and Ohio State better. One of my favorite memories was watching Ohio State beat Miami in 2003 with a friend and his family who were both Buckeye alumni, also watched Spartys 2000 basketball title at a MSU household.

Alabama, I respect what they've done but man talk about being the cockroach that won't die.

Texas I don't really care one way or the other. But I used to go to Dallas for family and their alumni remind me of my UNC friends, and I don't like UNC. Michigan is kind of the same way to be honest.

To be honest I root for Washington State in the Apple Cup typically but Washington is out of sight out of mind for me. And yeah they earned that spot no question
This sort of alludes to another point about Washington, in that not being a national brand means we also don't garner as much disdain as the other 3. Oregon is really the only state we are hated in, but them becoming a national brand didn't cause Husky hate to become a national thing since there were several fans who were turned off by the Ducks being Nike U.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad