The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Coleman was a guy that I think would have made more sense in the offseason. Adding him also keeps Cozens at C, which is the larger issue for me. Going after him at the deadline or next offseason to replace the eventual loss of Zucker and Greenway makes more sense to me.

Dream target is JEE and I would pay out the wazoo for him, but that's not happening.

The Wild are also churning along too, 5-1-2 now. I can't see JEE being on the way out unless something fractures with him and the franchise, which seems highly unlikely.

debaser66

Mar 10, 2012
I would be cool with a 3C. Cozens can be the top 6 winger.

Quinn will probably figure things out but it's frustrating to see the gap between him an Peterka.
But who is the 2c in your scenario then?

If Cozens doesn't get it going this season we need to add one not a top6 winger

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
But who is the 2c in your scenario then?

If Cozens doesn't get it going this season we need to add one not a top6 winger
No one. Just like we lack our top 4 RHD.
We'll have to build our middle six forwards without a legit 2C just like or top four d lacks a good rhd.

Adams is not a great GM.

Reactions: debaser66

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Coleman is just what the team needs, I've been banging that drum for months, but him and Backlund are the heart and soul of that team and they've got 11 points in 8 games. With what he would cost it would be a desperation trade and I don't think we're there yet.

If we get to the point of desperation, Kulich and Ostlund and Rosen might be more tradeable than the 1st. We remain bunched-up with forward prospects. Benson and Quinn and Helenius seem untouchable, or at least more-so than the aforementioned.

A winger like Coleman can be traded for. A 2C or top 4 RHD? Maybe at the deadline.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Agreed, but that piece is way harder to find, hence why they've tried to draft it (Strbak, Kleber)
I think every team does this, but it takes a long time and doesn't always work out even with a top 15 pick. Trading is a smart option, but Adams is a couple of years late with this.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Coleman is just what the team needs, I've been banging that drum for months, but him and Backlund are the heart and soul of that team and they've got 11 points in 8 games. With what he would cost it would be a desperation trade and I don't think we're there yet.

Coleman is not the missing piece.
If we get to the point of desperation, Kulich and Ostlund and Rosen might be more tradeable than the 1st. We remain bunched-up with forward prospects. Benson and Quinn and Helenius seem untouchable, or at least more-so than the aforementioned.

A winger like Coleman can be traded for. A 2C or top 4 RHD? Maybe at the deadline.
Not trading any of them for 30+yr old players.

McLeod is an under 25 player. Thst is what yhry would target if they were moving prospects you list.
Not sure if Quinn is untouchable
But he might have suspect value right now with his injury history and current struggle @elchud
Quinn is not untouchable. Sime of the prospects will be traded and donexwill stay around. It's not the time to trade him.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I still think that a top 4 RHD that can PK would go a longer way to solidifying us than a top 6 forward.

Agreed, but that piece is way harder to find, hence why they've tried to draft it (Strbak, Kleber)
they have some young RD prospects in Kleber, strbak, McCarthy, komarov.

I think one of these can replace Clifton when his contract ends or they extend Clifton nova short 1-2 yr contract

They need a mid RD for the next 3 yrs after this year to allow others to develop

They could offer a young winger and trade for a RD who is in 22-24 range with nhl experience or ready for regular nhl play. Something similar to the saboie'mcleid trade but for a young NHL RD

If they would let dahlin be RD1 then that lowers what they need.

They have Samuelson, johnson, byram, Power at LD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad