The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
This season is getting ugly fast. The youngest team in the league shtick is getting exhausting year after year. I think the roster looks a lot better if mitts was still here. We need to be in on the next hertl, Meier type trade and bring back the Tim Murray era.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
If we end the season with a top-5 pick, I think Adams will be fired and the new GM will really put the roster in a blender. Will be interesting to see if it comes to that.

As far as short term moves I might trade Tuch. Dude has been mailing it in since December of last year.

Reactions: oldgoalie

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
If we really want to shake this up, I think I’d be willing to move anyone on this roster, but Peterka and Power are the closest thing to untouchable. Kulich is probably next, but if you can get someone great for him, he’s moveable. Still think Thompson is a player we can build with.

Tuch and Cozens are on the block. I’m listening on Dahlin.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Cozens and Samuelsson should be sitting instead they’re skating around with f***ing letters.

If that’s not a perfect encapsulation of the Kevyn Adams Sabres nothing is.

Reactions: jc17

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If we really want to shake this up, I think I’d be willing to move anyone on this roster, but Peterka and Power are the closest thing to untouchable. Kulich is probably next, but if you can get someone great for him, he’s moveable. Still think Thompson is a player we can build with.

You can’t build around wingers. Well, you can, you’ll just end up back in the same place. Best case is Minnesota.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Thompson could probably net a great return because of his play and contract but without him I fear they have no skilled centers

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Real question. What do we think these guys are doing to prepare the PP? Are they just watching clips of themselves and running drills. Do we think the 10 guys getting PP time are doing any homework on their own, or just waiting to be spoon fed the solution?

Like idk, maybe this is an overreaction but if these guys want to win, if they want accountability, I feel like they should be desperate for answers. They should be doing stuff outside of programmed practice time. In the game, I don't think effort has really looked that poor, but I feel like the effort in preparation might be.

Cozens and Samuelsson should be sitting instead they’re skating around with f***ing letters.

If that’s not a perfect encapsulation of the Kevyn Adams Sabres nothing is.
Yep, didn't love those two getting it at the time. Again, Sammy does some good things like block shots, but it just felt like they gave letters to anyone who had been here for a couple of years. Tage had to battle to turn into current Tage.

Maybe its a double standard but I'm not moving Tuch. He'll make some bad plays, but at the salary and for the effort he does give, I just dont think it makes sense.

Thompson shouldn't be moved, thats just not a hole that will be replaced/improved upon. Again, similar to the mitts thing, talent aside, I don't like the idea of moving a guy that really had to put in work to get where he is. Just the wrong message culturally

2 weeks ago Sens fans were saying Quinn+ for Tkachuk. Idk if that would even be an option

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
again, we are selling low

the time to trade some of these players was the summer of 2023, when they actually had value

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No we cant because McLeod is a 2c the way I am auditioning for American idol this weekend...
Cozens is a 2C in the way I’m a f***ing NHL 2C.

McLeod isn’t competing with the league’s view of the position. He’s competing with a third line winger in so far over his head it’s embarrassing

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
What if the ruff hire was 3d chess by pegula, knowing he would fire Adams and move Lindy to GM.

Now Lindy knows all the current players well and can make legitimate decisions on who to move

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Cozens is a 2C in the way I’m a f***ing NHL 2C.

McLeod isn’t competing with the league’s view of the position. He’s competing with a third line winger in so far over his head it’s embarrassing
Cozens worst seasons trump McLeod best even when he was playing with arguably the 3rd best player in the league....

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006

Dahlin has a full NMC. He isn't going anywhere unless it's his idea.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Cozens worst seasons trump McLeod best even when he was playing with arguably the 3rd best player in the league....
I don’t know if McLeod centering the 2nd line works or not. But he hardly played with Drai. The previous 3 seasons he only played 345mins of the 2363mins total he played 5v5. Thats roughly 14% with to the 86% without.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad