The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If Riemer is in Buffalo, barring an injury, I don’t see how Levi gets to 20-25 games in the NHL. Trying to force that seems like a needless clusterf***.
That the Sabres brass have openly talked about carrying 3 goalies, I do not have faith that they are not planning to do something like that to get Levi a healthy share of the non-UPL games this season.

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
That the Sabres brass have openly talked about carrying 3 goalies, I do not have faith that they are not planning to do something like that to get Levi a healthy share of the non-UPL games this season.
Me whenever someone mentions they can just carry 3 goalies cuz they done it before...

htL97sQ.jpg

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
This would be an unforced error if realized. I think you are right bc KA continues to want to prove his way is best. I believe getting both UPL and Levi rolling early, and bringing Levi up after the calendar turns would be like adding a premium TDL acquisition at no cost. Goalies need to see pucks. Sitting Levi behind UPL does little for Levi and creates the urge to equalize opportunity which serves no one. I hope we are both wrong.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This would be an unforced error if realized. I think you are right bc KA continues to want to prove his way is best. I believe getting both UPL and Levi rolling early, and bringing Levi up after the calendar turns would be like adding a premium TDL acquisition at no cost. Goalies need to see pucks. Sitting Levi behind UPL does little for Levi and creates the urge to equalize opportunity which serves no one. I hope we are both wrong.
Screenshot 2024-10-01 095204.jpg

Blue are Sabres games.

Red are Amerks games.

Yellow is a day with a Sabres game and an Amerks game.

It will be really interesting to watch how they split things. If UPL is good to start, he could get 8 or 9 of those first 12 starts, easy.

Splitting the three back-to-backs gives you 3 non-UPL starts. But, other than those games, it is a pretty each schedule to allow UPL get a healthy amounts of starts and get on a roll.

Reactions: Dingo44

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think the plan is to get Levi 60 regular season games between AHL and NHL this year. I don’t think he’ll be running practice with the Sabres often unless it’s a road trip or Rochester isn’t playing. At least I hope not.

They’re gonna squeeze the shit out of the development rock

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I think the plan is to get Levi 60 regular season games between AHL and NHL this year. I don’t think he’ll be running practice with the Sabres often unless it’s a road trip or Rochester isn’t playing. At least I hope not.

I was thinking a split of:
UPL:45 starts
Reiemer: 20 starts
Levi:17 starts
Give or take a few games for each but that is around the median of games started I estimated. It has upl in a clear starting role with Levi and Reimer getting standard back up games now if one gets hot they may get more games or if one gets cold the other two will share the games.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
View attachment 911301

Blue are Sabres games.

Red are Amerks games.

It will be really interesting to watch how they split things. If UPL is good to start, he could get 8 or 9 of those first 12 starts, easy.

Splitting the three back-to-backs gives you 3 non-UPL starts. But, other than those games, it is a pretty each schedule to allow UPL get a healthy amounts of starts and get on a roll.
Spitballing based on this calendar:

10/4 - UPL
10/5 - Levi
—Levi goes down
10/10 - UPL
10/12 - UPL
—Levi comes up
10/16 - Levi
—Levi goes down
10/17 - UPL
10/19 - Reimer
10/22 - UPL
10/26 - UPL
—Levi comes up
10/28 - Levi
11/1 - UPL
11/2 - Levi

Levi would also get in Roch:

10/11, 10/18 or 10/19, 10/23, 10/26

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
The Sabres are in a great position with having a very good young #1 in UPL and having a very good and potentially star young goalie in Levi.

Adams did the right thing and signed a solid veteran in Reimer. The challenge is he is not waivers exempt.

The only other options for Adams were to sign a #3 that isn't waiver exempt but no one would claim and run with UPL and Levi, with no good options if one goes down (that's where you have your Dell/Subban/Comrie), or try to find another waiver-exempt goalie that you can send down to Rochester but will be OK if he needs to be called up and play (unicorn).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
View attachment 911301

Blue are Sabres games.

Red are Amerks games.

I see Levi possibly playing

One in prague
If they play 4th/th of nov I can see Levi getting one of those or gsmr on 1/2

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I really hope they don’t do something this pointlessly arbitrary. Let him learn to be a starter in the AHL or a NHL backup. Where he would be in the rhythm of a normal goalie rotation and would be best situated to grow. Then let his play dictate how much he plays. Trying to hit some arbitrary target in games played is not a development plan.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Lance has been saying Reimer to Rochester all summer.
Makes no sense unless the Sabres are certain he'd clear waivers. Maybe I'm overrating Reimer, but he's a capable 1B/backup guy afaic. That's why Adams signed him. Surely he'd be a useful add for some team.

Lance is obviously better informed than us, but that doesn't make him omniscient.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad