The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If Jared Spurgeon returns to form and the Wild want to get younger, I wonder if he would be available at the deadline? Signed thru 2027 so it's not a big commitment, and I bet you could get them to retain fairly easily.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Jared Spurgeon returns to form and the Wild want to get younger, I wonder if he would be available at the deadline? Signed thru 2027 so it's not a big commitment, and I bet you could get them to retain fairly easily.
He turns 3t in november and has 3 yrs left. At that cap hit buffalo cant affid that snd thr tisk with it. Pkayers fall off a CV cliff around that age

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Buffalo Sabres

Jack Quinn, RW: Quinn was fifth in the NHL in points per 60 minutes at five-on-five last season. The problem was he only played in 27 games because of two significant injuries. Now fully healthy and with a spot on the top power play, Quinn is set to take a big step forward for the Sabres. Buffalo was a different team with Quinn in the lineup last season, and his absence is a major reason the offense regressed the way it did. — Matthew Fairburn

Quinn would have been my choice for this, as well.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is Levi going to make the team?
I think this is a very multi-layered conversation and unlikely to be really straightforward for a variety of reasons. And ultimately, the better question might be how many NHL games are the Sabres planning for Levi to play in 2024-25 in a reasonable case scenario.

And here is why that is my answer:

• Reimer has been talking like he signed with the Sabres to be in Buffalo the whole season. Given that he has reportedly bought a house in Buffalo, he signed a one-way deal, and it has been a long time since he has been riding the bus in the AHL, it sure seems like he was signed to be in Buffalo.
  • Levi doesn't have to clear waivers to go to Rochester, Reimer does, and Sandstrom being the organizational 3rd goalie because they tried to get Reimer to Rochester and he is claimed elsewhere would be really bad.
  • If UPL starts the season playing well, Levi might not get a lot of NHL games early due to the way the schedule is laid out. They might prefer Levi to play games in Rochester as opposed to watching in Buffalo.
My guess is that Reimer doesn't get placed on waivers to try and place him in Rochester and that they plan on having Levi play 20-25 NHL games this year barring UPL getting hurt or having a major regression in play.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Dahlin prefers the right, no? It appeared he was a bit more effective on that side. On the flip side, didn't he have some minutes with Joki last year, and they were solid? Joki has to be a piece Adams looks to upgrade if he looks out of place.
They did play well together last year. It also won't hurt joker's stock if they need to move him but I think more importantly, you get 3 solid pairings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad