Prospect Info: The 2024-2025 Prospect Thread: Part 1: Skate or Die!

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the ncaa is a way better developmental environment than the ahl for most prospects, especially under 20. most schools have excellent training facilities and the social and academic environment is a big plus. i think it would be pretty rare you'd want a player to leave the ncaa to come to the ahl unless there was an academic problem. also, you don't want to burn elc years if you can avoid it.

Reactions: Callhee

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
No it wasn’t, the main argument is that he was average player in college last year. People acted like he dominated. He can still learn a lot at the college level to me putting him in the AHL would not make sense when he can still grow his game at the College level. Also, he is not physically ready to play in the AHL.
Wasn’t he one of the best defensive D in college last season?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Kind of nice to have a wealth of decent prospects to follow. For a while there under Benning anything outside of round 3 was kind of garbage. Now the team has acquired some very intriguing pieces.

Having watched Kudryatsev live in pre-season I'm really impressed by him. I'm intrigued at how well he does in the AHL. I could see him being high on the call-up list if there is an injury depending on if he can carry a strong training camp into the AHL. Just sucks that they play their games so late, they have their first game on the 11th.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
No he wasn’t.
1728412248635.png

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I answered a question about him being one of the best defensive defeceman in college and you show he made second team all star of a league that only has 11 teams. How do the two things even correlate. I said in my original post, he didn't dominate college last year ask anyone that watched last year and they will say the same. I watched him he needs to work on his offensive game and being more aggressive on both sides of the puck.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
we all hope willander has similar success to past hockey east second team all stars like jordan harris, ryan ufko, domenick fensore, scott morrow, declan carlile and zac jones

I answered a question about him being one of the best defensive defeceman in college and you show he made second team all star of a league that only has 11 teams. How do the two things even correlate. I said in my original post, he didn't dominate college last year ask anyone that watched last year and they will say the same. I watched him he needs to work on his offensive game and being more aggressive on both sides of the puck.
the point I made was he was one of the top defensive dman last year and the fact he got recognized by being in the 2nd team all star reflects that, it's not like he is there because of his offensive showing. Basically all the scouting from last year points to Willander being the top defensive guy for BU.

I don't think anyone disputes that he needs to work on the offensive side and that was reported to be his main focus this year.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Are you kidding me? Look at the rosters for BU and BC last year. Absolute murderer's row of drafted and pre-draft talent.

michigan and michigan state had comparable rosters and penn, wisconsin, minnesota, nd and even ohio are better than the 3rd best hockey east team

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
michigan and michigan state had comparable rosters and penn, wisconsin, minnesota, nd and even ohio are better than the 3rd best hockey east team
Uh, no. Last year the 3 juggernaut teams were clearly BU, BC and Denver. All 3 were better than Michigan State. Michigan got into the Frozen Four as a bit of a Cinderella.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
the point I made was he was one of the top defensive dman last year and the fact he got recognized by being in the 2nd team all star reflects that, it's not like he is there because of his offensive showing. Basically all the scouting from last year points to Willander being the top defensive guy for BU.

I don't think anyone disputes that he needs to work on the offensive side and that was reported to be his main focus this year.
Making an all star has nothing to do with being one of the best defensive defenceman in college hockey is my point. Looking at who made the allstar team is like cherry picking stats which anyone can do and brings nothing to an actual hockey discussion if you don’t some kind of background or other points to back up your statement. How many games of Willander did you watch last year?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Making an all star has nothing to do with being one of the best defensive defenceman in college hockey is my point. Looking at who made the allstar team is like cherry picking stats which anyone can do and brings nothing to an actual hockey discussion if you don’t some kind of background or other points to back up your statement. How many games of Willander did you watch last year?
All star nomination is basically recognition as one of the best players in the league. Unless you think all star means something else. his strength right now is defense, how else is he nominated for the all star team if it's not for defense?

I watched a bunch of his games on ESPN+ last season, I am not psycho enough to count how many i've watchd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad