Gus.

Has beaten:

Carolina with a .952
Winnipeg with a .966
Winnipeg again with a .969
Tampa Bay with a .971
Now the Islanders with a .950

Three of his losses are with a .920, a .946 and a .913

2 or fewer goals allowed in 12 of 17 games.
Gus is the boss applesauce

Reactions: TaLoN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If there's any sense in the front office it means Fleury has a different home next year if that happens.

I haven't looked at the goaltending market for next year yet, but after the first 3 games were Fleury was rocking a .600 and 7 GAA per game, he's been fine. Gustavsson has been better, but unless Fleurys wheels fall off again probably won't find better value replacing Fleury unless you're rushing Wallstedt.

I'd rather have Wallstedt in the pocket next year than relied on for the team.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I haven't looked at the goaltending market for next year yet, but after the first 3 games were Fleury was rocking a .600 and 7 GAA per game, he's been fine. Gustavsson has been better, but unless Fleurys wheels fall off again probably won't find better value replacing Fleury unless you're rushing Wallstedt.

I'd rather have Wallstedt in the pocket next year than relied on for the team.

I'm talking about if the choice comes down to Gustavsson leaving or Fleury leaving. If Gustavsson continues to play so well that he prices himself out, I have no problem giving him Fleury's money and finding a different backup for cheap next year.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm talking about if the choice comes down to Gustavsson leaving or Fleury leaving. If Gustavsson continues to play so well that he prices himself out, I have no problem giving him Fleury's money and finding a different backup for cheap next year.

Oh, ya. No doubt about that.

I don't think it'll come to that though.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I have things to be positive about again that aren't named Kaprizov and Gustavsson.

Great game last night by the Swedes and Boldy. Liked Foligno's goal as well, but loved his celebration. Dude just won the Cup or something.
Also, Steel did a couple nice things. Looked rested.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Spurgeon is always good, IMO, but has stepped up his game since Brodin, and especially Kaprizov, have been out. Is on track for another 35-40 pt. season.

His analytics are great too. Leads the team in 5v5 GF%, xGF%, HDCF%, HDGF%.

Athletic's player cards give Spurgeon the same market value as Kaprizov, if you place value in those.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Spurgeon has been tremendous this year, playing extremely well and providing great leadership on and off the ice based on info from the beat writers. It seems like a pretty fun group of guys that get along well and Spurgeon has been a big part of welcoming and building relationships with his teammates and their families. Thrilled with his performance this season, in a career where he has been underrated every year, this may end up as one of his best yet.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Duhaime coming back in and scoring a beauty goal was great to see, he has been really good this year when healthy, glad to have him back in the lineup and contributing!

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Spurgeon has been tremendous this year, playing extremely well and providing great leadership on and off the ice based on info from the beat writers. It seems like a pretty fun group of guys that get along well and Spurgeon has been a big part of welcoming and building relationships with his teammates and their families. Thrilled with his performance this season, in a career where he has been underrated every year, this may end up as one of his best yet.
I have to eat crow here as I thought he was too small for playoffs but I see he has been extremely effective this year. Blocks shots and makes great defensive plays all season.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Ek deserves a medal for the amount of abuse he takes in front of the net. He doesn’t take retaliation penalties even though he is consistently cross-checked, punched and beat up nearly every game.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad