GDT: The 2019 IIHF World Men Championships

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I hope the Oilers never make the playoffs again

I want them having a 14th overall limbo forever. No superb talents, no playoffs. I can't truly enjoy this victory or Kakko's amazing play as I'm just feeling like we got robbed of Kakko (and Hughes)..

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Why CAN team is so bad? We don’t have pride or something? Look at RUS, every f***ing star went over there to help.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've enjoyed watching people literally bounce off of the 18 year old Kakko. On the bright side, I don't need to learn how many k's are in his name.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We are getting a good player. We are getting a good player. We are getting a good player. We are getting a good player.
LwZYu6o.gif

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Just remember this pick was the icing on the cake for the Duchene trade. Still hurts no doubt about it imaging the possibilities. I'm still going to be giddy as hell when we get Kirby Dach.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
And people were saying it wasn't close between Hughes and Kakko for top spot in the draft.
Every time I see one of Kakko and Hughes have a great game I tell myself how happy I am they will be in the East.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I was BIG on the Kakko train, probably the only thing I ever agreed with Bleedwell about lol. Watched a few of his games in Finland, watched a ton of his highlights, maybe Hughes ends up being better but Kakko is incredible. I don't think people realized just how fast and skilled he actually is, the guy is going to be a world class player and I still haven't gotten over losing him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I was BIG on the Kakko train, probably the only thing I ever agreed with Bleedwell about lol. Watched a few of his games in Finland, watched a ton of his highlights, maybe Hughes ends up being better but Kakko is incredible. I don't think people realized just how fast and skilled he actually is, the guy is going to be a world class player and I still haven't gotten over losing him.

and how strong. He is 18-year-old bullying men. He's a beast.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
How much injury talk had there been surrounding Landeskog? Because according to Johan Garpenlöv there is more than a 50% chance he plays for Sweden in the worlds. I.e has said yes waiting for medical clearance.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
How much injury talk had there been surrounding Landeskog? Because according to Johan Garpenlöv there is more than a 50% chance he plays for Sweden in the worlds. I.e has said yes waiting for medical clearance.
For once, he should be in the best shape between him, MacKinnon and Rantanen.

Reactions: EK47

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
There is no sense in drooling over Kakko or Hughes. We got screwed by a broken lottery system. Oh well.

We still got a really good pick and we'll end up with someone will really help us.

This is just a bonus pick anyways. We just got to the second round of the playoffs, were one questionable call from potential conference finals appearance. And now we still get the 4th overall pick. It's not all bad.

In fact it could be a blessing in disguise. If Hughes/ Kakko plan out that's just another guy that is going to command a large contact. We already have our two guys that will be our high paid players. Can't really have more than two for salary cap purposes. This team is in need of a 2nd line. It's not we lack elite level talent. Turcotte/Cozens/Dach would all be great decisions. They'd all for very nicely behind MacKinnon, Rantanen.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
The icing on the Duchene trade is Duchene re-signing with the Avs. Cmon Dutchy

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
There is no sense in drooling over Kakko or Hughes. We got screwed by a broken lottery system. Oh well.

We still got a really good pick and we'll end up with someone will really help us.

This is just a bonus pick anyways. We just got to the second round of the playoffs, were one questionable call from potential conference finals appearance. And now we still get the 4th overall pick. It's not all bad.

In fact it could be a blessing in disguise. If Hughes/ Kakko plan out that's just another guy that is going to command a large contact. We already have our two guys that will be our high paid players. Can't really have more than two for salary cap purposes. This team is in need of a 2nd line. It's not we lack elite level talent. Turcotte/Cozens/Dach would all be great decisions. They'd all for very nicely behind MacKinnon, Rantanen.
I said the same thing, if Avs drafted Hughes or Kakko, in few years dont think they could afford to keep everybody.

Mack will get a bigger contract when current one expires
Rantanen is gonna get paid a lot
Barrie
Makar
Landeskog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad