GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have to admit, the only way I see us getting Drouin if he still wants out now is a three team type of trade.

EDM - Barrie
TBL - 4th O/A
COL - Drouin

We better hope like hell we land Demers, Hamonic or Yandle if we trade Barrie though.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I sure hope Drouin isn't falling for this crap from Cooper. He's like a wife beater begging his wife to come back by telling her how much he loves her. He played head games with Drouin, scratched him a bunch, played him 4th line minutes, and sent him to the AHL over and over because he didn't think he was ready.

Kid finally demands a trade, sits out a bunch of games, then plays a handful of games in the AHL. Then comes back and immediately starts making huge contributions and looks dynamite.

Now Cooper is trying to sweet talk him after every game, high fiving him, and telling the press over and over they always knew he was good. What a load of crap. Should have been playing him in this role a long time ago. Embarrassed him and cost him millions of dollars.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I sure hope Drouin isn't falling for this crap from Cooper. He's like a wife beater begging his wife to come back by telling here how much he loves her. He played head games with Drouin, scratched him a bunch, played him 4th line minutes, and sent him to the AHL over and over because he didn't think he was ready.

Kid finally demands a trade, sits out a bunch of games, then plays a handful of games in the AHL. Then comes back and immediately starts making huge contributions and looks dynamite.

Now Cooper is trying to sweet talk him after every game, high fiving him, and telling the press over and over they always knew he was good. What a load of crap. Should have been playing him in this role a long time ago. Embarrassed him and cost him millions of dollars.

We'll see, sometimes people love being patronized, and some people despise it and lose respect.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dallas Goaltending reared its ugly heads tonight.

I dont think they stand a chance in that series, and goaltending will be the biggest factor why.

On the positive, that may be another team in the market for a goaltender this summer if the Avs have decided to move on from Varly or Pickard. Could definitely seeing the Stars having a lot of interest in Varly, and they have some pieces of interest that could come back as well.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm pretty sure the "Drouin Dream" is dead now anyway...only chance it has (and it would probably be a small one at that) is if Stamkos walked away and Sakic put Duchene on the table (all this, of course, still predicated on Drouin still wanting out).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, what happens if Stamkos returns soon? You've got to believe that Cooper will go with his trusted Johnson, Palat, and Kucherov in the top-6 for sure, then he's got to decide on three of Stamkos, Drouin, Filppula, Killorn, and Callahan. Say Drouin has a sub-par game, would he get pissed again if he's demoted to the 3rd line right away?

It could still happen theoretically. It's a lot less likely now, but it's not out of the question that Drouin still wants out.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd say it's out of the question that Drouin wants out. Tampa's got as real a shot at the East as anyone, and that's without their best forward - unless he's really got that big of an ego, why not stay a big piece of a highly competitive roster?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd say it's out of the question that Drouin wants out. Tampa's got as real a shot at the East as anyone, and that's without their best forward - unless he's really got that big of an ego, why not stay a big piece of a highly competitive roster?

Tampa's three best forwards are on the ice, Stamkos is clearly behind Johnson, Kucherov and Palat. What they're missing is their 2nd best D.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Tampa's three best forwards are on the ice, Stamkos is clearly behind Johnson, Kucherov and Palat. What they're missing is their 2nd best D.

bsi.gif

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Watch some games, it helps. Stamkos has either been dogging it waiting to hit FA, or he's not the same since breaking his leg. Either way there's a reason no one in Tampa will be heartbroken if/when he is let go as a FA this summer.

Last year when he had a chance to take back the title of the best forward on the team after Johnson broke his wrist, he was nowhere to be found.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Stamkos is following the normal career path of a scorer. Kuch is the only forward on Tampa that I think could be argued that is better though.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Kucherov is clearly better, Johnson didn't produce in the regular season because of nagging injuries, but in the playoffs he once again raised to the occasion, and as for Palat, what Stamkos has on him offensively, Palat makes up defensively and then some. He is arguably the best defensive winger in the game today.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Kucherov is the only one that outscored Stamkos this year. The other two had fewer games...but way fewer points. Kucherov was also the only one to outscore him P/60 (All, and PP). Palat and Namesnikov also outscored him P/60 (5v5). Nobody on Tampa outscored him P/60 (SH). 300+ minutes played for ES and 5v5, 50+ minute for PP and SH. Lower the threshold just a bit for 5v5, and Drouin leads the team.

Kucherov was better offensively this year, no doubt. But Johnson and Palat, not so much. Palat's overall game might put him in the conversation, but Johnson had a rough year, and play even less defense than Stamkos. Playoffs are another story...Johnson is rocking, but Stamkos is injured, so no telling how he would be doing. And linemates...the kid line is by far the most talented line they throw out there...the talent Stamkos plays with is a step down, barring some (20ish?) games he had with Drouin.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I would put Kucherov above Stamkos, and would also put Palat above him based on his overall impact on the game, not just offensively.

Johnson struggled this year no doubt but he's raised his game tremendously in the playoffs. As Ivan said, nobody in Tampa will really care if Stammer decides to walk this summer. It just means more cap room to build a more well-rounded team instead of paying one player an absurd amount of money when he won't even be the best player on your team, and his best years are arguably behind him.

If I'm to rank players based on importance for Tampa, it's like this:

1) Hedman
2) Stralman
3) Bishop
4) Kucherov
5) Palat

You could change the rankings between Stralman/Bishop/Kucherov based on preference (I think Hedman is clearly most important on Tampa and easily the best player, too), but if I'm running the Lightning I'm saying "this guy isn't even in our top-5 most important players, why should we re-sign him to 10+M per season?"

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i think palat is the best of triplets. kucherov has probably been better this season as well as tampa's best F. palat has made some unusual mistakes on defensive side of the puck (for him). but based on the past 2-3 seasons, i think he's been the best. kucherov might pass him soon though as i think palat is pretty much at his peak and kucherov still has some upside.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Ill agree that they dont need Stamkos to be competitive but if they want to win a cup they need a talent like that to put them over the top. Maybe Drouin becomes that game changer part 3 for them.
Next year without a full season from Stamkos they will be hard pressed to even get in

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ill agree that they dont need Stamkos to be competitive but if they want to win a cup they need a talent like that to put them over the top. Maybe Drouin becomes that game changer part 3 for them.
Next year without a full season from Stamkos they will be hard pressed to even get in

I'm really not sure how you can come to that conclusion. Do you see how well Tampa is playing without Stamkos IN THE PLAYOFFS? You're telling me they will be hard pressed to make the playoffs in a division with teams like Toronto, Buffalo, Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit due to losing Stamkos?

If Stammer leaves and Drouin takes his place, the drop off likely won't be all that much, if any at all. Barring major injuries the Lightning will make the playoffs with ease even without Stamkos.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
So teams that make the playoffs carry that play into the regular season. Someone should tell the Jackets, the Jets, the Sens, Van, ..us.
They might not even have Drouin next year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
they'd likely get some other help too with the cap space they would have. so i think they are pretty close to lock to make the playoffs next season if drouin stays.

if drouin still wants out and is traded (still a possibility imo) then it could get little more interesting for tampa.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMO the big issue for Tampa with Stamkos is what they do at center with him gone. I know they haven't used him there all season, but Johnson/Flip 1/2 punch is pretty damn weak for a team that wants to contend. Namestnikov would really have to step up without other changes.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
We've seen time and again once the new season starts all bets and sure things are off. Not to mention teams that they beat within their division will arm themselves so that doesnt happen again next year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
IMO the big issue for Tampa with Stamkos is what they do at center with him gone. I know they haven't used him there all season, but Johnson/Flip 1/2 punch is pretty damn weak for a team that wants to contend. Namestnikov would really have to step up without other changes.

stamkos has played center and right wing this season. has switched multiple times back and forth throughout the year.

and that is absolutely an issue. point might be good some day but that's too small center duo imo. don't think stephens develops into top 6C and he's still couple of years away too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad