GDT: The 2016 NHL Entry Draft | Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Chiarelli seemed to glow every time someone mentioned McPhee.

Also, he needs to learn how to say Puljujarvi.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
A brutal second day in my books. No D acquired and outside of Benson, Cairns and maybe Rasanen this is was a classic MacT sort of draft. It felt like watching 2014 or 2011 all over again. Day 2 last year was at least a focused effort. This was all over the place, no rhyme or reason to where players were taken.

What chaps even more is seeing DeBrincat go to Chicago. They have one of the best noses for talent and if they thought he was a player we- with McDavid probably in Chiarelli's ear all season- had no reason to select even Benson over him. I don't mind the kid, but the injuries and coaching changes are a concern. These are valuable development years and one of the two scored 100 goals in the last couple seasons and the other had 23. I'll let you guess which is which.

Gross day. D+, A+ yesterday though which makes it overall a C or so. But our reputation as a team who cannot draft in the later rounds continues and with good reason.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nice grab by Vancouver. Inconsistent offensively and invisible in the playoffs this year, but he's a good two-way center.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Chiarelli said he had a productive day in the trade talks and that some of the teams have softened their stances. Sounds like he has a lot of irons in the fire. No need to panic yet. He knows what he's doing.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
From the Green interviews, it sure sounds like the scouts went to the Hlinka and then packed it in. A lot of emphasis on that one tournament for the Finns, Benson and Wells.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A brutal second day in my books. No D acquired and outside of Benson, Cairns and maybe Rasanen this is was a classic MacT sort of draft. It felt like watching 2014 or 2011 all over again. Day 2 last year was at least a focused effort. This was all over the place, no rhyme or reason to where players were taken.

What chaps even more is seeing DeBrincat go to Chicago. They have one of the best noses for talent and if they thought he was a player we- with McDavid probably in Chiarelli's ear all season- had no reason to select even Benson over him. I don't mind the kid, but the injuries and coaching changes are a concern. These are valuable development years and one of the two scored 100 goals in the last couple seasons and the other had 23. I'll let you guess which is which.

Gross day. D+, A+ yesterday though which makes it overall a C or so. But our reputation as a team who cannot draft in the later rounds continues and with good reason.

Benson and Niemelainen were first round talents. Rasanen went 2nd or 3rd in most mocks, and Berglund, Cairns, and McPhee were solid additions. The only strange picks to me were Wells and Desharnais.

Day 1 an A+, day 2 a B+ from me.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Chiarelli said he had a productive day in the trade talks and that some of the teams have softened their stances. Sounds like he has a lot of irons in the fire. No need to panic yet. He knows what he's doing.

He's not going to do anything so don't get your hopes up.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Anaheim takes Tyler Soy, who the Oilers brought to their camp last year.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada

Settle down holy smokes. Our day was actually pretty good. Excepting to have good picks in all the late rounds is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad