The 2013 Dallas Stars Projection Thread

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Nichushkin

77 GP
16 G
10 A
26 P
Despite my tongue in cheek post before, I actually think this would be an something of a failure from Nichushkin unless he's playing 4th line minutes all season.

He's scored at a slightly better clip than this in the playoffs of the second best league in the world, on the third line and likely with inferior teammates than he will in the NHL, as a 17 year old.

The team likely doesn't have the talent to keep him away from top 6 minutes, and even if he did play third line minutes the whole season I would expect better numbers.

I think it's a different situation than a player like Tyler Seguin in his rookie season who was nowhere near the physical specimen Nichuskin is, and likely not NHL ready as far as his body goes. As Nill has said, Nichuskin's physically NHL ready. I expect his skills to come through more so than some other first year newly drafted players (for better or worse), with us having a pretty good understanding of what he's going to be.

Last edited:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Drago averages are in.

RAPTOR JESUS
70 GP
17 G
28 A
45 P

Don't look past Rich Peverley. He's put up some solid 2C numbers in the past. Playing with Whitney on his wing should only help him produce.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Just to give you guys an idea of what Peverley can bring to the table (also, an excuse to go on your daily hockey highlight binge)

MetalGodAOD*

I had forgotten Cory Clouston was a think until that video.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I had forgotten Cory Clouston was a think until that video.

I watched his big bro coach a lot of games.

Pevs-

GP: 76
G: 18
A: 31
P: 49

Think he'll be in the top six at 1st line RW or 2C and will pick up points and win a lot of faceoffs!

Arpi3080

Everybody be cool!
Aug 12, 2011
greasiest.jpg

GP: 78

G 21

A 24

P 45

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Peverley
G-23
A-27
Pts-50

I can see Peverley being a huge benifactor of playing with Benn-Seguin on the top line. If he can put up these numbers I like our chances at a playoff spot!

aloonda*

when we are all done with this, I would like to see the entire score total of the team divided by 82 games and see how many goals per game we are "projected" to score...............

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad