GDT: That Ain't The Friggin' Christmas Star Gris: Stars @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
this team does not quit. suck it haters!!!!!
well we played a nice game, got pucks to the net, did what we had to do to win. is that a whole latta sumthin? lol GO DEVILS!

Reactions: Take Notes

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Most boards don't have a ton of traffic. This is one of the busier sub forums

Traffic is also way up here this year. Last year our GETs were empty
I just stopped watching the late night games at some point last year, and any game where something better as on TV at the same time, and any game I was working or out late during...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This team has shown a lot of character this week. After having a few really rough games they responded by ending the Kings 8 game winning streak, then getting 3 out of 4 points with a depleted forward group.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Most boards don't have a ton of traffic. This is one of the busier sub forums

Traffic is also way up here this year. Last year our GETs were empty

It's never been that bad on this board. We have never gone multiple days without a post of any kind.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Good God, I can never root for anyone on the Devils but holy crap if Boyle scores on the Rangers I will cheer him on as well as the remainder of his career.

You guys are doing well! Good luck the rest of the way

Boyle's one of the few guys that has cross-popularity with the Devils and Ranger fanbases. There aren't that many. Jagr for sure. MAYBE Nemchinov? Not sure how popular he ever really was with Devil fans. Holik and Driver I doubt were popular with Ranger fans lol

Boyle doesn’t fit the identity of the team but brings some intangibles. Not in the ha ha ha intangibles way, but the team fought harder after his goal and scuffle afterwards. He’s a great influence on the team and there’s a reason he wears the an A 20 games in.

Plus let's face it, he's been more than an 'intangibles' player with 8 goals in 22 games. If he hadn't been sick we might be looking at a 20-goal season with how good he's been lately after his first few games back where people wanted him shot up to the moon.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
There was a ton to be happy about last night, but I think Severson deserves a special mention. I thought he played a great game positionally last night and had a number of plays that he broke up by being in the perfect spot.

For someone who certainly takes his licks defensively, last night was one where I felt he stood out in a positive way.

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
Zacha has really been playing better along side of noesen and wood. Noesen seems like the kind of player that makes other players he plays with better.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Is Boyle still playing sick or did he receive treatment when he was out that cured his cancer? Not sure if that was released, but if it was I missed it.

Believe that he's under a treatment regimen plan that he'll continue taking until further notice. His form of cancer is very treatable with medication to help actively fight it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Cory's glove save on Benn late in the 3rd is one of the better saves you'll see in hockey.

Reminded me of vintage Marty.

Reactions: JK3

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Bratt currently 5th in rookie scoring

Butcher currently 8th in rookie scoring.

Hischier currently 10th in rookie scoring.

Coleman currently 31st in rookie scoring.

73 rookie skaters have played 10 or more games so far his season.

Reactions: Blender and JK3

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Bratt currently 5th in rookie scoring

Butcher currently 8th in rookie scoring.

Hischier currently 10th in rookie scoring.

Coleman currently 31st in rookie scoring.

73 rookie skaters have played 10 or more games so far his season.

And Coleman should have more based on scoring chances.

The future is now and it’s pretty ****ing bright.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And Santini is developing quite the stat line in his very young career.

This is a kid that was supposed to have no real offense to speak of

But in only 66 career games he's managed 4 goals and 11 assist for 15 points.... Think about that, 15 points in 66 games from a rookie defensive Defenseman...

Last year Greene had 13 points in 66 games, two seasons ago Schlemko had 19 points in 67 games...both of those guys saw PP time at various points.

Camille the Eel

Zacha has really been playing better along side of noesen and wood. Noesen seems like the kind of player that makes other players he plays with better.
and Zacha's been playing center, plus point on the power play. More you watch him, he's a natural center. Much more comfortable there. Puck possession is good (just subjective but that's my impression) when he's at center, plus he had a great keep on the power play point last night, leading to the game winning goal.

Camille the Eel

If Boyle doesn't score that PP goal Dallas would have had all the momentum.
It was a critical goal.
Dallas took like four minor penalties in (counting the double minor as 2) in five minutes or so? We scored at the end of the double minor. That turned momentum. They were just playing short handed. After that Corey saved things in the first five minutes of the third period.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm very disappointed with Zacha. Not going to sugarcoat it. I was expecting a 40 point all situation player this season and he really is nowhere close to that.

20 years old or not he's approaching 100 NHL games and his stat line is about the same as Reid Boucher's

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
I'm very disappointed with Zacha. Not going to sugarcoat it. I was expecting a 40 point all situation player this season and he really is nowhere close to that.

20 years old or not he's approaching 100 NHL games and his stat line is about the same as Reid Boucher's

He played a solid game yesterday and missed a goal by .1 seconds.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

He has at least been better the last few than he had been preiously, but you’re absolutely right. The season overall has been very underwhelming. Hopefully the last couple games are a trend and not an aberration.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm disappointed in Zacha too. He hasn't really flashed anything special this year. You watch Nico, Bratt, Butcher, or even Wood and they're doing things that jump off the screen at least a few times a week. Zacha just hasn't shown much flash. I hope something clicks for him soon. Maybe getting some minutes with Palmieri or Mojo can get him to another level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad