News Article: Stamkos: Thank you Tampa Bay

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Tampa and Tampa fans were very lucky to have drafted Stammer and everything he did for that franchise.

I notice Stamkos thanked alot of names, JBB was not mentioned. To be fair Yzerman wasn't either, GM's aren't typically thanked.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
I just read this and it made me wonder if someone was chopping onions around me as a non-Lightning fan. Stamkos is just one of those class acts and reading this not only reminds you of that, but also really highlights just what heights the Bolts went to with him wearing the C.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Wow. We are blessed to have such a great man represent our city for so long.

Just a freaking epic individual. There is a name noticeably left out of that article. Not a single mention.

Good luck Stammer! You'll always be a Bolt.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
He has always seemed like a character guy ever since I saw his first interviews as a rookie. Thanks for sharing that article and I'm glad Stammer shared all of that with us. I won't be hating if he scores a hat trick on us this year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Tampa and Tampa fans were very lucky to have drafted Stammer and everything he did for that franchise.

I notice Stamkos thanked alot of names, JBB was not mentioned. To be fair Yzerman wasn't either, GM's aren't typically thanked.
Yes cooper and vinik were thanked but not JBB

Reactions: DFC

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
First time in my life I’ve felt this weird nostalgic cocktail of being happy and angry all at once but this does it. Thanks for the memories Stammer, I think I will enjoy your retirement ceremony a little bit more than this.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Weird to see such a low post count.

Weird AF. Dude is all class.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Part of Nashville's identity is terrible uniforms. Stammer deserves better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad