Rumor: Teuvo Teravainen is heading to market July 1.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
In a world where TT can be signed for free why would any team trade for Necas before striking out with TT
I agree TT is better than Necas, only older.

I'd feel more comfortable giving 4-5 y deal to TT than a 7-8 y deal to Necas. He'll be cheaper as well.

Solid middle 6 player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Easy decision when they have bigger priorities. Perimeter player small skill winger, easiest asset to aquire in hockey.

I agree TT is better than Necas, only older.

I'd feel more comfortable giving 4-5 y deal to TT than a 7-8 y deal to Necas. He'll be cheaper as well.

Solid middle 6 player.
Necas is a way better player. Can actually drive a line by himself and takes the puck to the middle of the ice and to the net. Anyone that thinks TT is better might wanna watch more hockey.

• Haha
Reactions: GigaChad

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Easy decision when they have bigger priorities. Perimeter player small skill winger, easiest asset to aquire in hockey.

Necas is a way better player. Can actually drive a line by himself and takes the puck to the middle of the ice and to the net. Anyone that thinks TT is better might wanna watch more hockey.
Was not driving much in the playoffs. Puck hog, sure, then losing possession.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Lol he was creating more than anyone. You weren't watching, or didn't know what you were looking at. TT is not what any contender is looking for.
TT is a complimentary player, will get paid as such.

Necas thinks he's a star and wants to be paid as such.

Unfortunately for anyone signing him for the big bucks the game is mostly not played 3 v 3.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Very curious to see what he ends up getting as a UFA. He's a very talented playmaker, but he's small and soft and doesn't really offer a lot else beyond his offensive creativity. Not the sort of guy teams typically go wild for in UFA.
One of the misconceptions about Teravainen is that he's one-dimensional. Tuevo is an excellent defensive player. For a guy who is not physical, he wins most of his board battles and was often put on lines as the "responsible" defender. He and Aho were great penalty killers together (yes he was excellent on the PK).

Any team that get's him will get a smart distributor who is responsible in his own end, and has one of the better shots around. You will just always wish he used that rocket a bit more. TT never met a pass he didn't want to execute.

If he goes to Chicago, he will make any line he plays on significantly better.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
One of the misconceptions about Teravainen is that he's one-dimensional. Tuevo is an excellent defensive player. For a guy who is not physical, he wins most of his board battles and was often put on lines as the "responsible" defender. He and Aho were great penalty killers together (yes he was excellent on the PK).

Any team that get's him will get a smart distributor who is responsible in his own end, and has one of the better shots around. You will just always wish he used that rocket a bit more. TT never met a pass he didn't want to execute.

If he goes to Chicago, he will make any line he plays on significantly better.
What you think he signs for?

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
just my opinion but hes always been a player leaving you wanting more. Guess for the right money he can be a decent 2nd/3rd line depth.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Very curious to see what he ends up getting as a UFA. He's a very talented playmaker, but he's small and soft and doesn't really offer a lot else beyond his offensive creativity. Not the sort of guy teams typically go wild for in UFA.

Biggest thing is, i feel like him hitting the UFA market hurts any potential Marner trade market. Why trade a bunch for impending UFA Marner @ $11M and probably wanting a raise...when you can get ~75% of the same player for "free" in UFA for half the price on the cap?

But it also maybe makes Carolina more solidly a destination for a Marner trade. Especially if they also deal Necas away. Maybe they're in a position to pay for the Full Marner rather than the three quarters version?
I think the canes based on how they operate won't make a big enough offer for Jake but I could see them moving Necas for a Marner or Ehlers, they both seem like the type of players they would be ok with long-term. A wildcard is Lindholm. I know they don't like commiting to guys at his age but he's the best 2c available and fits their style to a tee.
Be funny if the nucks and canes were to do a sign and trade to get the 8th year and save some cap.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Production has declined since pandemic. 30 years old in September. Seems like a potential trap contract, but he'd be a good middle six add.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Zibanejad and Kreider are looking for a play-making winger. They need somebody to take blame for when they play open hockey and wonder why the defense and forecheckers are trying so hard.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Zibanejad and Kreider are looking for a play-making winger. They need somebody to take blame for when they play open hockey and wonder why the defense and forecheckers are trying so hard.
I was going to say that maybe having another Finn in the locker room could help Kakko (assuming he doesn't get traded).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Average 2nd liner who will decline into a 3rd liner in 3-4 years. Decent two way player, but zero physicality, What are they worth?

Seems like CAR might be taking a step back next year, but if they do it right they can take a step forward after that.

Reactions: Tryamw

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
What you think he signs for?
Over his career he's a 56 pts/82 game player. So I'm guessing he signs somewhere in the $4.75 million to $5.75 million for 4-5 years. Longer the term lower the AAV.
Production has declined since pandemic. 30 years old in September. Seems like a potential trap contract, but he'd be a good middle six add.
Tuevo is a bit of an enigma. Rod Brind'Amour once said that he's not the best practice player, but gives it his all in game. He'd be an asset for any young team especially. Also, he's coming off of a season where he scored a career high 25 goals (53 points). The previous season was a bit of a blip; apparently there were family issues (his grandfather, with whom he was very close, passed). I wouldn't be at all surprised if he weighed a number of offers before committing. Also, he's one of the funniest guys ever.

Reactions: Jaska and BLNY

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Who is actually staying with the Canes? How can they not have any cap space? Losing Pesce, TT, Necas. Like how can they not afford 2/3 at least? They don't even have any really big tickets guys making 10-13 mil like a lot of teams do.

Skjei and Guentzel likely both gone. Like how are they so mismanaged that they are losing those 5 guys at once?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad