Confirmed with Link: Teravainen and Tyler Bertuzzi to the Hawks

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think with the Danault trade it was a case of wanting the immediate gratification of a potential Stanley Cup with bringing Weiss & Fleischmann in. It was a failed gamble but clearly was a case of giving up on the future for the potential to win it all now.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it. The signing of Seth being the worst case.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think with the Danault trade it was a case of wanting the immediate gratification of a potential Stanley Cup with bringing Weiss & Fleischmann in. It was a failed gamble but clearly was a case of giving up on the future for the potential to win it all now.
Bringing them on wasn’t the issue, it was that they shouldn’t have been worth more than late round picks.

Reactions: crazyhawk

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Bringing them on wasn’t the issue, it was that they shouldn’t have been worth more than late round picks.
I agree to a point .. Danault was called up by the Hawks in what Dec. 2015 and scored 1 goal in 30 games. He was a 26th OA pick and to be fair hadn't exactly shown he would be the player he became. That said even with hindsight being 20/20 I think most all of us Hawk fans weren't happy with this trade. A late first ( albeit developed to NHL ready ) for two journeymen who looked to have some playoff warrior left in them wasn't exactly a terrible trade but as I said I agree in that it should have been a late first or second and third ( not Danault ) to seal the deal.

The worst was losing Byfuglien.
yeah losing Big Buff was an extremely tough one.Imagine if we could have held onto Buff, Danault and even the Breadman ... we could have extended our window beyond 2015 and maybe won a 4th! Alas Bowman and the cap were an unsavoury combination.

Reactions: pvr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad