Team USA vs Team Sweden for upcoming Four nations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Team USA vs Team Sweden for upcoming Four nations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
if teams looks something like this, which would you choose for the win?

Team USA

Brady Tkachuk - Auston Matthews - Matthew Tkachuk
Jason Robertson - J.T. Miller - Jack Hughes
Chris Kreider - Jack Eichel - Patrick Kane
Brock Nelson - Dylan Larkin - Matthew Boldy

Quinn Hughes - Adam Fox
Zach Werenski - Charlie McAvoy
Jaccob Slavin - John Carlson

Hellebuyck
Demko

Team Sweden

Forsberg-Nylander-Bratt
Raymond- Pettersson - Kempe
Landeskog - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Arvidsson - ErikssonEK - W Karlsson

Hedman - Karlsson
Dahlin - Forsling
Ekholm - Lindholm

Ullmark
Markstrom

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Nylander is going to play center? Also, I think Eriksson-Ek should be higher. I think Sweden coaching staff are going to lean on him more than Petey or Willy. He is really good.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
There’s an argument that Team USA should be the favourites over even Canada. It’s close in the sense that both teams are great and chemistry or hot/cold stars can have a big effect, but I don’t really see an argument for Sweden being better on paper.

Reactions: wetcoast

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Sweden needs to transition to their next wave of younger guys at this tournament, in preparation for the 2026 best-on-best Olympics. I am talking about talented guys like Rasmus Andersson and Timothy Liljegren stepping up into bigger roles for the NT in 2025.

They can't keep going back to the Karlsson well, if they want to have success going forward.

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Sweden needs to transition to their next wave of younger guys at this tournament, in preparation for the 2026 best-on-best Olympics. I am talking about talented guys like Rasmus Andersson and Timothy Liljegren stepping up into bigger roles for the NT in 2025.

They can't keep going back to the Karlsson well, if they want to have success going forward.
I am not sure what you mean. Those players you listed arent young and theyre not good enough.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Matthews is friends with Keller who deserves to be on the team and they'd probably have good chemistry. Eichel and J. Hughes are tough to find the right linemates for. Q. Hughes and Fox are the powerplay guys so they don't need Carlson and probably take someone that can PK instead.

Keller - Matthews - M. Tkachuk
Miller - Eichel - Boeser
B. Tkachuk - J. Hughes - Guentzel
Kreider - Larkin - Boldy
P. Kane, Connor, Robertson

Q. Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
McDonough - Trouba
Hanifin, S. Jones, Werenski, Sanderson, Carlson

Swayman
Hellebuyck
Demko, Oettinger

Pettersson and Zibanejad are definitely the top-6 centers. Nylander fits well with Pettersson and Forsberg with Zibanejad.

Kempe - E. Pettersson - Nylander
Landeskog - Zibanejad - F. Forsberg
Bratt - Eriksson Ek - E. Lindholm
Raymond - W. Karlsson - Arvidsson
Carlsson

Hedman - E. Karlsson
Forsling - Dahlin
H. Lindholm - Ekholm
Brodin, Andersson

Ullmark
Markstrom

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
On paper USA but these tournaments are all about which team gels and can play the best as a team so Sweden absolutely could beat them and even win it.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Team Sweden. I have a ton of faith in Ullmark, and I think the Hedman-Karlsson pairing would be phenomenal.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Are these confirmed rosters.

Why the hell is Patrick Kane on roster
You could argue there are better players but bringing one of the most clutch players of all time that can still average close to ppg isn't exactly a bad choice.

Really shows how far the US has come in recent years though. This would easily be the best team they could bring in my lifetime.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Doesn't matter how good USA looks on paper, they always suck in tournaments. This is Sweden.

No they are total guesswork from OP and likely quite incorrect.

How so? In Sochi they dominated, outscoring opponents 20-6 until the semis where Canada won 1-0. They gave up in the bronze medal game but actually gave Canada a better run than Sweden did in the finals.

They also won silver in both Vancouver and Salt Lake and gold in the ‘96 World Cup.

They sucked in the 2016 World Cup and the 2006 Olympics and were only ok in the 2004 World Cup. They haven’t been as consistent as Sweden, but they’ve also done well at times.

Reactions: NyQuil

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
I am surprised to see how much better the US team is in the poll result. I guess swedish hockey is doing pretty poorly these days.

but actually gave Canada a better run than Sweden did in the finals.
Sweden lost their top 3 Centers in the tournament...Backstrom, Zetterberg and H Sedin...

Reactions: DowJones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad