Team Righty vs Team Lefty

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team Are You Taking In A Head-2-Head Best Of 7?

• Team Righty

• Team Lefty

• Coin Flip

Results are only viewable after voting.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Coin flip.

Maybe leaning towards Team B because of Orr.

If Team A can catch Team B, they'd definitely wear them down with physicality over a 7-game series. But Team B has some extremely elusive players.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's weird how great all these players are - yet how I have so much trouble envisioning any type of chemistry on either side. It just seems like....weird lines/pairings.

I went team A. Their forwards are all better. Close though

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Mario>McDavid
Howe>Hull
OV>Bure
Makar<Orr
Chelios>Niedermayer

Team right is much much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: DitchMarner

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Mario>McDavid
Ovie=Hull
Howe>>>Bure
Chelios<Orr
Makar>Nieds (projected)

So Team Righty
Except a RW doesn't line up against the other team's RW, so in a head-to-head comparison, it's more accurate to mirror the teams against each other...

Lemieux vs McDavid
Howe vs Hull
Ovechkin vs Bure
Makar vs Orr
Chelios vs Niedermayer

Also, you have:

Howe >> Bure
Chelios < Orr

But would you take Chelios & Howe over Orr & Bure?

I certainly wouldn't...

Reactions: shakes the clown

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Except a RW doesn't line up against the other team's RW, so in a head-to-head comparison, it's more accurate to mirror the teams against each other...

Lemieux vs McDavid
Howe vs Hull
Ovechkin vs Bure
Makar vs Orr
Chelios vs Niedermayer

Also, you have:

Howe >> Bure
Chelios < Orr

But would you take Chelios & Howe over Orr & Bure?

I certainly wouldn't...
I mean Bure isnt considered a top 100 player off all time, while Orr and Howe are both top 4, and Chelios is certainly in the top 50 or so.

If were just taking players at their peaks, then sure you can make the argument. But if were judging "greatness", Bure is the odd man out here.

Niedermayer vs Makar is kind of an odd comparison since Makar only has 5 years under his belt, but I think Makar is clearly on his way to being in the top 100 while Nieds is not.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I mean Bure isnt considered a top 100 player off all time, while Orr and Howe are both top 4, and Chelios is certainly in the top 50 or so.

If were just taking players at their peaks, then sure you can make the argument. But if were judging "greatness", Bure is the odd man out here.

Niedermayer vs Makar is kind of an odd comparison since Makar only has 5 years under his belt, but I think Makar is clearly on his way to being in the top 100 while Nieds is not.

Did you see Bure play hockey?

Whether he's ranked #50 or #150 all-time doesn't change how he impacted games

The poll is about who would win a best of 7 series, so their all-time ranking is entirely irrelevant

Line up 5 Howie Morenzes against 5 Lindroses or Forsbergs, and who do you think wins that game?

Spoiler alert: It ain't the team made up of 5'9, 165lb guys ranked higher on the all-time list

Last edited:

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Did you see Bure play hockey?

Whether he's ranked #50 or #150 all-time doesn't change how he impacted games

The poll is about who would win a best of 7 series, so their all-time ranking is entirely irrelevant

Line up 5 Howie Morenzes against 5 Lindroses or Forsbergs, and who do you think wins that game?

Spoiler alert: It ain't the team made up of 5'9, 165lb guys ranked higher on the all-time list
I did see Bure.... so then you shouldve been clear on how these hypothetical teams work instead of just posting them without context.

So then were actually "transporting" Howe and Hull's bodies and athletic ability from the 50s/60s to today???

Yeah, sorry this is horrible. Mixing players from totally different eras, 60+ years difference. Howe and Hull wouldnt be able to keep up whatsoever. How the hell are we supposed to know how theyd adapt and how fast? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I did see Bure.... so then you shouldve been clear on how these hypothetical teams work instead of just posting them without context.

So then were actually "transporting" Howe and Hull's bodies and athletic ability from the 50s/60s to today???

Yeah, sorry this is horrible. Mixing players from totally different eras, 60+ years difference. Howe and Hull wouldnt be able to keep up whatsoever. How the hell are we supposed to know how theyd adapt and how fast? Makes no sense.
It's a thought exercise which requires imagination...

If you're not equipped to participate, don't blame the creator of the exercise

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Then transport the more recent players to wood sticks and leather skates etc.

We already know how dominant Howe and Hull were over their peers.

In other words use your imagination, like most do in these polls.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bure getting crazy underrated. There's not much separating peak Bure and peak Ovechkin IMO.

McDavid and Bure would absolutely torch.

I still went righty though because of 66.

Reactions: Neutrinos

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
What's the theory??
basically, at very young age, Canadian infants would naturally pick up a hockey stick with their right hand first (dominant hand), and would be held near the top end. As they gain more dexterity over time (with practice), the left hand would eventually grasp the middle. Et voila.

And I guess for American infants, they grab other kinds of sticks before a hockey stick?

Something along those lines...

or just read this... https://www.purehockey.com/c/why-are-so-many-hockey-players-left-handed#:~:text=Left-Handed Shot in Canada&text=At a young age, it,weak hand down the stick.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Agreed

But couldn't the same be said about McDavid and Lemieux?
No, not in my opinion. McDavid is unbelievable, but Lemieux was just such a mammoth of a man that in a best of 7 I think he'd be too much for 97 to handle at 5v5.

If they were both wingers, I think it'd be a bit closer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad