Team Canada at the Rio Olympics

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't think cbc considered de Jong a serious medal threat. They usually hype up the medal threats and tweet about their events leading up to them and they didn't do that at all with de Jong.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pendrel and Batty in 3rd and 4th now, trying to chase down the leaders but there probably won't be enough time left to catch up

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If they can separate I'd like to see cross the finish line together so they both get bronze ;)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The leaders are starting to fade a bit. Chance for both Canadians to make the podium.

BoyWonderlic

Apr 21, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Considering their population and the insane amount of money they put into their program, anything else but total domination would be unacceptable.

Considering our 10x lower population and our modest funding, we are doing pretty good.

To be fair, the U.S. government gives no money to our Olympic programs. It's all privately funded. That's not true for most other countries. In fact, whenever we start doing "poorly" at the games, people complain that the government should be pitching in like all the rest.

Having said that, obviously the U.S. has major resource advantages, and its culture of youth athletic competitiveness certainly helps.

Canada's doing great. You're not embarrassing yourselves like Mexico and India.

de Jonge won the last two World Championships and silvered in the Worlds before those two, while he's also the reigning Pan Am Games gold medalist.

It was hardly outlandish to expect him to win.

Like I said, he wasn't in the same form as he was the last few years. He still had a shot at a medal but he was probably behind about at least 5 other athletes going into the Olympics if you were making odds.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Way to go Catherine!
Way to go Emily! :)laugh: i was fully expecting them to like stop, and walk across the line together).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad