WC: Team Canada 2024

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
send none of them home!!

You picked the team and have played an exhibition game with them.........................you roll with what you got.
That's true.

If I was Fantilli, I would NOT be pleased - he should remember this next time they ask.

Celebrini is likely relieved - don't want to risk injury before the draft. Go home, wrap yourself in bubble wrap, and sign that ELC.

I'm disappointed.

Reactions: therealdeal

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Who cares about this stupid trophy? NOT ME!

I wanted to see those kids on the bigger ice whipping around and having fun.

Minus Bedard, I've lost all interest. Now it's just like every other year.
Thats 2 great adds. Canada have a strong team. About youngsters, Bedard, Zwelleger, Guenther, Byram, Power, Guhle, Cozens, Greig, Mercer, there is plenty of youngsters on the team.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That's true.

If I was Fantilli, I would NOT be pleased - he should remember this next time they ask.

Celebrini is likely relieved - don't want to risk injury before the draft. Go home, wrap yourself in bubble wrap, and sign that ELC.

I'm disappointed.
I wouldn't be pleased but this holding something against them stuff................I also don't agree with that.

Still I disagree with Nash's decision here, especially regarding Fantilli, he wanted to play and was there last year, no way should he be asked to step aside. While I have always loved the Skodas the truth is it isn't serious enough of a tournament to pull this stuff.

Bad move Rick.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Thats 2 great adds. Canada have a strong team. About youngsters, Bedard, Zwelleger, Guenther, Byram, Power, Guhle, Cozens, Greig, Mercer, there is plenty of youngsters on the team.
That's true but I really wanted to see Celebrini (and Fantilli).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Even without these moves I thought Canada looked to be co faves with the U.S and Sweden. Seems fans here have Sweden and the U.S as the top two teams with Canada slightly behind but you look at the rosters as they stand and I wouldn't agree with that.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Even without these moves I thought Canada looked to be co faves with the U.S and Sweden. Seems fans here have Sweden and the U.S as the top two teams with Canada slightly behind but you look at the rosters as they stand and I wouldn't agree with that.
From a Win/Lose perspective, these are 2 wonderful additions. Problem is : I really don't care if we win. :(

I wouldn't be pleased but this holding something against them stuff................I also don't agree with that.
You ALWAYS take the high road, JJ. :)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
From a Win/Lose perspective, these are 2 wonderful additions. Problem is : I really don't care if we win. :(
Well what can I say? guess you don't care if we win or not at this tournament.

That attitude doesn't exist for me, if they have a Team Canada jersey on......................I care.

You ALWAYS take the high road, JJ. :)
Well..........................lol.

Thanks for the compliment though.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
pissed off with hockey canada.. so ignorant to do that to fantili and celebrini .. to be frank the 2 players replacing them arnt even major upgrades... nick paul lol? rick nash is being a pos. no offence

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
NOT my day...

1) I forgot to latch the Green Recycle Bin, last night, and raccoons got in. Oy, what a mess.

2) Fantilli and Celebrini get sent home.

Bad News comes in 3's !!! What's next??? NUCLEAR WAR ?!?!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sounds like both were told ahead of time this could happen if more experienced players accepted a spot.
Still... Oh well, they're kids, they probably enjoyed the experience.

pissed off with hockey canada.. so ignorant to do that to fantili and celebrini .. to be frank the 2 players replacing them arnt even major upgrades... nick paul lol? rick nash is being a pos. no offence
The team is so young, they wanted experience - even if the upgrades aren't huge.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Both Paul and Hagel are solid hockey players and really lay it all out on the ice but that's not really the point IMO.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Both Paul and Hagel are solid hockey players and really lay it all out on the ice but that's not really the point IMO.
Can't blame Hockey Canada going for Gold. It is what it is.

Still, the fun Meter for Canadian fans just went down in a BIG way.

Reactions: jj cale

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Fantilli has been injured. Celebrini 17 year old and No1 in the draft.

They probably got told that they might be sent home if reinforcement arrived. As for Celebrini he got some feel with the big boys. Learning, training and playing a game before going home for the draft. All good, but a little sad for us supporters not seeing the kids. They clearly go for gold now.

As for Fantilli, I could guess that he maybe was not 100%, and they just wouldnt take the risk when Hagel and Paul offered to go.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
On another note, I was really looking forward to seeing what Fantilli could do here this year with another kick at the can in his second time playing this.

I'm not really sure just what kind of a hockey player he is yet. We know he's big and has good hands and a great skater but I haven't seen play driving from him yet for the most part in my admittedly limited viewings of him thus far. Is he a dual threat as a passer and shooter or just more of one of the two? Can he dominate down low physically or will his game always be more finesse?

I've had a hard time reading just what his game is myself. So far I've seen.........................glimpses.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Dylan Larkin just dropped off Team USA. This makes it worse as their team just got downgraded. We did NOT need the upgrade.

Too bad. I'm NOT the only one but I was looking forward to seeing Celebrini and Fantilli.

Fantilli has been injured. Celebrini 17 year old and No1 in the draft.

They probably got told that they might be sent home if reinforcement arrived. As for Celebrini he got some feel with the big boys. Learning, training and playing a game before going home for the draft. All good, but a little sad for us supporters not seeing the kids. They clearly go for gold now.

As for Fantilli, I could guess that he maybe was not 100%, and they just wouldnt take the risk when Hagel and Paul offered to go.
Again, I truly don't care (that much) if we win. A LOT of us were looking forward to seeing the kids on the bigger ice. It would have been FUN. That's where the disappointment lands.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Being mad about the team getting better with a 75 point player in Hagel is really odd imo. Fantilli hasn’t played a game in months and Macklin is 17. There job is to win the tournament not be a prospect showcase.
Good points, still.................I'm not as comfortable with this move as others may be.

Settling in for U.S-Slovakia now, exhibition though it is it's a first look at both these teams. Slovakian fans seem to be pretty high on what they have this year and we all know the hype for the U.S team.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Being mad about the team getting better with a 75 point player in Hagel is really odd imo. Fantilli hasn’t played a game in months and Macklin is 17. There job is to win the tournament not be a prospect showcase.
Not mad, just disappointed. As for winning this tournament : Again, I don't care. I would have loved to see an all KID team...

Reactions: novisor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad