WC: Team Canada 2024

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
I would prefer O'Reilly, Evangelista and Doughty. O'Reilly will definitely not refuse, he loves the national team. These players will turn Canada into a real World championship favorite.

• Love
Reactions: ORRFForever

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I would prefer O'Reilly, Evangelista and Doughty. O'Reilly will definitely not refuse, he loves the national team. These players will turn Canada into a real World championship favorite.
O'Reilly has played this tournament a ton and been excellent - big credit to him if he comes, absolutely no issue with him refusing. His line with Giroux and Seguin in 2015 was so ridiculous. Shame he never got a chance to contribute at the 2018 Olympics.

I'm fine with the defence as is but Doughty would be a nice add - again I will be shocked if he accepts though. I'd really like a playmaking centre, ideally left handed, to play with Bedard but beggars can't be choosers. If Canada could get O'Reilly or Barzal you take it and run. Unless it's a star, like the Crosby situation in 2015, I'd rather Canada stick with 13 forwards instead of 14 and have someone (probably Celebrini) sit.

Reactions: MatBarzal

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Guess some of you only read what they want. Ducks players have been criminally underrated on these boards ever since, like Getzlaf being a fringe second liner and so on.

This has nothing to do with a rivalry, it's just about 99% not watching Ducks games and immediately calling out their players (like Zegras).

I think players playing in really bad teams can be under rated or forgotten about for sure, and each franchise will experience that.

I for sure didn’t see many ducks games this year.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
O'Reilly has played this tournament a ton and been excellent - big credit to him if he comes, absolutely no issue with him refusing. His line with Giroux and Seguin in 2015 was so ridiculous. Shame he never got a chance to contribute at the 2018 Olympics.

I'm fine with the defence as is but Doughty would be a nice add - again I will be shocked if he accepts though. I'd really like a playmaking centre, ideally left handed, to play with Bedard but beggars can't be choosers. If Canada could get O'Reilly or Barzal you take it and run. Unless it's a star, like the Crosby situation in 2015, I'd rather Canada stick with 13 forwards instead of 14 and have someone (probably Celebrini) sit.
I am sure that they consider Celebrini as a 13 striker, so they will add someone to the squad before the tournament. I really hope it will be a big name.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I am sure that they consider Celebrini as a 13 striker, so they will add someone to the squad before the tournament. I really hope it will be a big name.
Celebrini will not get even a sniff of this😂 he’s definitely not making the top 6 and the bottom 6 is usually defence and checking- something he doesn’t do well.

Maybe next tournament he gets a chance but definitely not this coming one

Reactions: MatBarzal

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
I think they'll add at least 2 more legit NHLers, but that being said, I do hope Celebrini gets a chance to play. I wanna see what he can do!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I assume that Celebrini is penciled in as the 13th forward. I don't think there's any question that Canada will add another forward, even if it's someone playing in Europe this season. Canada isn't going to go with just 12 forwards. They might add another forward and defenceman beyond that, but I think it depends on who is available and willing. It isn't necessary to add a player to sit in the press box unless a difference maker is available.

I don't see any harm in throwing Celebrini in as fourth line LW. It's unrealistic to expect him to be a difference maker but let him get some reps and if he's playing with something like McBain and Mercer, particularly before the games matter. He can contribute at this tournament in the right role.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Celebrini should get some minutes in one of the exhibition games, and maybe against Austria in Worlds fex. Everything else is about beeing there, just for learning, seeing, training and feeling it all.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
Celebrini should get some minutes in one of the exhibition games, and maybe against Austria in Worlds fex. Everything else is about beeing there, just for learning, seeing, training and feeling it all.
That's true. He played a lot of hockey this season, is the guaranteed 1OA pick, and has already played in the WJC so there was zero need for him to go to the U18s instead of the men's worlds. Selfishly I just want to see him play because I love his game haha, but you're probably right.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
I think they'll add at least 2 more legit NHLers, but that being said, I do hope Celebrini gets a chance to play. I wanna see what he can do!
I think he will be given a chance to prove himself in the matches against Great Britain and Austria.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Never get a good vibe with any team Dubas is part of, saying that looking fwd to seeing how Bedard does on a bigger ice surface in this tournament.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Barzal has been a good solider, deserves some time off, same with Horvat.

I’m thinking this team is fine as is. We have enough skill to load a first line and solid depth behind that.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
1:0 Canada, Greig. 3rd minute. Nice pass from Celebrini.
Time 5:05, Bedard feeds up Power, 2:0.

Canada is looking completely comfortable and cool, absolutely not like a team which had two skates together. Impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: therealdeal

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Keep us posted. I wonder if anyone will have highlights of it.
There is a legal broadcast by the Austrian TV ORF Sport+. If You go to the Austrian Ice Hockey Federation website, they provide the link to the broadcast which should be accessible worldwide (I believe).

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hockey Canada tweeted out a livestream for this game. Thus far it hasn't worked for me.

I don't know if they are sticking to these lines during this game. Guenther isn't listed, Kevin Clark from the German league is in his spot.

Reactions: therealdeal

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
With that lineup you can clearly see why they were hoping for a 1C in f.ex Barzal or Horvat.

McCANN - 1C - BEDARD
MANGIAPANE - COZENS - FANTILLI
BUNTING - McBAIN - MERCER
TANEV - GREIG - GUENTHER
CELEBRINI

But now they have to move McCann to C instead, and move Bunting up the rankings. I guess they could use Cozens in 1C if nobody comes in the next few days though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad