WC: Team Canada 2024

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Hoping the Doughy going for Tiple Gold Club is true! That would be amazing.

I'd like to add that Mark Stone is 100% healthy and should be available soon.lol

Seriously though, hope you guys get Doughty and can match US and Sweden on the D end (which I think you will).

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
But someone in Vienna has to dig up some names I guess. Interviews/pics etc.

But Doughty was still unsure, so likely that some of the last players from the playoff will come a little later if so.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

It is almost impossible to see the faces of the players...
I don't even know where to go when i open that up, it's all just pictures of Austrian players and German text.........I mean, I could get tipped off if I saw Kanada somewhere but i don't even see that

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Hoping the Doughy going for Tiple Gold Club is true! That would be amazing.

I'd like to add that Mark Stone is 100% healthy and should be available soon.lol

Seriously though, hope you guys get Doughty and can match US and Sweden on the D end (which I think you will).
He might be 100% but you've got to think he is not putting any extra hockey miles on his body with all the injuries he's had and I'm sure vegas wouldn't want him to go, I think Doughty is more likely in that he would have something to play for as the days of winning cups in L.A appears to be over. Still, Doughty has never shown any real interest in coming to this thing before so he is pretty doubtful too but who knows, sometimes age mellows you and makes a guy sentimental.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
I don't even know where to go when i open that up, it's all just pictures of Austrian players and German text.........I mean, I could get tipped off if I saw Kanada somewhere but i don't even see that
There is a video of the Canadian national team training, the players' faces are almost invisible. I counted 17 hockey players (15 field players and 2 goalkeepers)

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
It's in a story, not a post

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1714763173219.png

This could be a bunch of guys in borrowed Hockey Canada gear for all I can tell.

• Haha
Reactions: wraithsonwings

krutais23

May 1, 2023
FIRST GROUP NAMED FOR MEN’S WORLDS
Twenty-two players – representing six Members – have been named to the roster for the 2024 IIHF World Championship, May 10-26 in Prague and Ostrava, Czechia.

FIRST GROUP NAMED FOR MEN’S WORLDS
Twenty-two players – representing six Members – have been named to the roster for the 2024 IIHF World Championship, May 10-26 in Prague and Ostrava, Czechia.
Apparently 22 players have been named but when I click on the link - 404 error :(

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Ugh.

Lacklustre star power.

Can still win but not a sexy team that was expected for a tournament in Prague.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
USA should have stayed in Prague so I could see some stars.

But hey it’s Canada, they can win gold with such team as well.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
No Crosby :(

But I think it’s the most talented team we’ve sent in the last 3 years. One year Mangi was by far our best forward, and now he’ll be a solid player on the second line.

Love that we got Severson, that’s a solid add on the blue line.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Finally! Mangiapane, Bunting, McBain and Guenther the new ones then. (And Greig). No news in Def, and Binnington first goalie then.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
No Crosby :(

But I think it’s the most talented team we’ve sent in the last 3 years. One year Mangi was by far our best forward, and now he’ll be a solid player on the second line.

Love that we got Severson, that’s a solid add on the blue line.
Wasn't expecting Guhle and great to see him, he can really help this defense.............good young player.

And yes to Severson.:thumbu:

Reactions: ORRFForever

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Exactly as I said above, they announced the roster just after the first practice in Vienna. I know Hockey Canada's tricks already. :cool:

The roster looks pretty good to me. A reasonably composed line-up, balanced defensive and forward skills. They can still add up to 3 players (maybe waiting for Doughty's decision?).

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
They can still add 3 more skaters if they want as the IIHF allows you to carry up to 22 skaters. This is a young squad, should be fun to watch!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad