WC: Team Canada 2024

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Bedard was a big disappointment for me. He is great offensively, but he has some work to do defensively and he needs to have more strenght. So he played exactly how a incredibly talented young kid would play in a pretty high level international tournament.

Disappointment? He's 18. Do you expect him to be strong like a 25-year-old?

Watch how he will be coming back to camp lol.

Salty Bedard all summer = trouble for others teams next year.

Reactions: ORRFForever

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Since 2007

Canada when John Tavares attends: 4 tournaments - 0 medals
Canada when John Tavares does not attend: 13 tournaments - 5 Gold Medals, 5 Silver Medals, 3 no medals

I think Tavares is cursed, lol
At this point it just can't be a coincidence, the guy is a walking raincloud. I would throw in naming Dubas as part of the Mgt team, and you just knew this team was doomed.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Athletic had an article covering Bedard at the iihf world championship

Bright spotlight, hard hockey and awkward questions: How Connor Bedard handled his first worlds

Mostly talked about how in demand he was in the media scrums. Seems he handled all the off ice stuff well. We saw the on ice stuff. Near the end Nash mentions the obvious, which is that Hockey Canada wanted Bedard to get a taste at this level because he is in contention for a best on best roster spot going forward.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
National shame
It'll be a national shame with a poor showing in a best on best. In a C level tournament like this you just take your licks if you lose.

The pool we use to pick players for the WHC is never the same because of the NHL playoffs and rejections from players who seasons have ended. Can't really be upset at a poor showing in these types of tournaments.

Reactions: ORRFForever

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I prefer winning gold of course...but this tournament doesn't really mean that much. I give the same amount of thought to it if we win gold or finish 4th. That is, it is generally forgotten by the time I get up off the couch, switch off the TV and slide out on to the deck to fire up the BBQ. That's it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It'll be a national shame with a poor showing in a best on best. In a C level tournament like this you just take your licks if you lose.

The pool we use to pick players for the WHC is never the same because of the NHL playoffs and rejections from players who seasons have ended. Can't really be upset at a poor showing in these types of tournaments.

All the teams are missing players due to the playoffs and guys choosing not to go.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Of course you post this. So consistent. Its a fun tournament that didnt have a single player outside of Binnington that would be on Canada's best on best team. They played well, lost some tight games to good countries. Move on.

No, I don't think I will

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Dead in here...

1716858885511.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad