Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Rangers Pick

• Harrison Brunicke, D, Kamloops (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxim Massé, RW, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)

• Julius Miettinen, C/W, Everett (WHL)

• Ryder Ritchie, F, Prince Albert (WHL)

• Teddy Stiga, LW, Boston College (NCAA)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I'm really puzzled by the Letourneau love here. Pretty sure people just saw committed to Boston College & his size.

He's a guy playing Canadian high school hockey. High School hockey is not a big thing in Canada. This is not high level hockey. He is ranked 87 by Recruit, 55 by Dobber, 69 by TSN, 51 by THN, meh. IF he somehow pans out he is a project who will take many years after our window anyway. If he weren't big it would be even lower, his linemate who only got 6 fewer points is only ranked by 2 agencies, 211 by Recruit & 156 by DraftProspects. And they are the only 2 players in the entire league ranked on a single draft list.

Meanwhile several guys ranked in the teens on some lists are still available here.

The only players in KHL history with more points in a season as a draft eligible than Nikita Artamonov:

- Matvei Michkov
- Vladimir Tarsenko
- Artemi Panarin
So what you're saying is he's better than Kravtsov...

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Artamonov seems like a good prospect. A middle-6 forward in a league that's better than the AHL. Reports say he's smart and skilled.

I suspect he fell due to the extreme Russian factor - you don't watch them in the WJC anymore, there's a possibility of ever greater sanctions (either the US banning any employees from Russia or Russia banning its players from playing in the NHL if they ever want to return) or even outright nuclear war between the nations.

Otherwise, you have a player who can almost certainly step into the AHL and instantly be a good player there, so assuming any progress whatsoever after the age of 18, he likely makes the NHL, which is more than can be said of most 30 OA. He also has enough skill and smarts to have a top-6 ceiling. I suspect his main downside is political rather than on the ice.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Nah

Nah, he's more Stepan with hands. :)
and much better skating than Stepan. I'd say Fox as a forward is not a bad comparison at all, but Stepan like hockey IQ is the type for both Fox and GP. I think GP has an IQ better than Stepan, close to Fox...

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
fyi all

A guy w/size at C, even if 2 yrs patience required, is a good thing

Would love to mega deal w/Ana and get the big defenseman at 3
Not happening. Like less than 0 % if that were possible.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Since Boston got their 1st back from Ottawa I've seen a number of mocks having the Bruins taking Letourneau at 25 and it makes some sense--large center a position they need to fill going to Boston College.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad