Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Avalanche Pick?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maxim Massé, RW, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)

• Teddy Stiga, LW, Boston College (NCAA)

• Yegor Surin, C/RW, Loko Yaroslavl (KHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Avs fan.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabresKonsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyersZanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

13. :wildCarter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary (WHL)

14. :sharksBeckett Sennecke, RW, Oshawa (OHL)

15. :wingsCole Eiserman, LW, Boston University (NCAA)

16. :bluesMichael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

17. :capsStian Solberg, D, Farjestad (SHL)

18. :hawksAdam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

19.:vegasAron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

20. :islesTrevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

21. :kingsEJ Emery, D, North Dakota (NCAA)

22. :nashvilleJett Luchanko, C, Guelph (OHL)

23. :leafs Charlie Elick, D, Brandon (WHL)

24. :avs ?????

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Centres or defencemen for me. I went with Freij who I suggest is the most talented of those players. Badinka would also be solid, while I am a bit more iffy on Boisvert as I was earlier on in the season. His playoff was very uninspiring in an area where you want a player to shine more in.

Letourneau would be an interesting one, but I've had too many Vietnam Junior A flashbacks (especially on Stienburg) to want to pick another player from that level of Canadian hockey.

Reactions: Alienblood

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Whatever they do I think they should target a F. The Avs have more defensive talent in the pipeline/minors than forwards. Gulyayev, Behrens, Malinski all have potential to be impactful NHL players. Up front it’s probably just Ritchie. I’m as big a fan as you’ll find in JLF but times ticking on him. That injury didn’t help. OO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The best center is Boisvert who is a Pinto clone without the gambling. Mews is the high offensive upside defensemen. Parascak is your risky, but high upside scoring wing. Given the Avs lack of skill in the system I'd go Parascak. Ignoring needs... I'd gamble on Mews.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
For me it’s Cole Beaudoin! May be able to win more Faceoffs than any current Av!

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
The best center is Boisvert who is a Pinto clone without the gambling. Mews is the high offensive upside defensemen. Parascak is your risky, but high upside scoring wing. Given the Avs lack of skill in the system I'd go Parascak. Ignoring needs... I'd gamble on Mews.
Boisvert is my second pick but I like Beaudoin’s complete game a little better. Sacha does probably have the higher offensive upside.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Centres or defencemen for me. I went with Freij who I suggest is the most talented of those players. Badinka would also be solid, while I am a bit more iffy on Boisvert as I was earlier on in the season. His playoff was very uninspiring in an area where you want a player to shine more in.

Letourneau would be an interesting one, but I've had too many Vietnam Junior A flashbacks (especially on Stienburg) to want to pick another player from that level of Canadian hockey.
I went Freij too , he is who I want

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Whatever they do I think they should target a F. The Avs have more defensive talent in the pipeline/minors than forwards. Gulyayev, Behrens, Malinski all have potential to be impactful NHL players. Up front it’s probably just Ritchie. I’m as big a fan as you’ll find in JLF but times ticking on him. That injury didn’t help. OO.
You draft BPA and then trade them away if an organisation accumulates too many of a certain type of player.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Somehow the 14th overall NA skater is still on the board. Damnit...Liam Greentree is a RW, but shoots left. Screw it, BPA and we need someone lining up behind Rants on the depth charts. He's already 6'2" 198lbs.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I like the idea of going after a potential high impact forward. The Avs near-future top six is looking pretty thin if you take Nuke out of the equation. Parascak for me.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I like the idea of going after a potential high impact forward. The Avs near-future top six is looking pretty thin if you take Nuke out of the equation. Parascak for me.
I've heard of sending players on the 3:10 to Lethbridge. But haven't seen someone want to break a guy back out. Funny you picked a RW as well. What made you go with him rather than Greentree who was rated one spot higher I think.

I’m gonna say drinking might have been the problem, but not from the Avs side.
I heard he showed up like guys used to show up waaaay back in the day. They'd come in with the beer gut and basically use TC to sweet it out of their system, detox and lose some of that fat.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I've heard of sending players on the 3:10 to Lethbridge. But haven't seen someone want to break a guy back out. Funny you picked a RW as well. What made you go with him rather than Greentree who was rated one spot higher I think.
I'm just generally suspicious of big players who produce like that in juniors and don't have high level skating. They bust so often, scouts always think their size will overcome their lack of skating and elite skill as they move up levels and it never works. At best, you get a dime a dozen fourth liner out of them a la Raphael Lavoie, many years later with another team. Maybe if he put up really dazzling numbers you could make a case that he can translate, but as a general rule I feel like the smart money is on a player like that never amounting to anything.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm just generally suspicious of big players who produce like that in juniors and don't have high level skating. They bust so often, scouts always think their size will overcome their lack of skating and elite skill as they move up levels and it never works. At best, you get a dime a dozen fourth liner out of them a la Raphael Lavoie, many years later with another team. Maybe if he put up really dazzling numbers you could make a case that he can translate, but as a general rule I feel like the smart money is on a player like that never amounting to anything.
Intresting. I hadn't read anything negative about Liam's skating. To be honest, I saw he was the highest ranked player available and played RW. Figured at 14 we're still talking top six talent if all breaks right and it would be nice to have a home-grown RW slotting in behind Mikko as his next contract passes the Karman Line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad