Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will the Wings Pick?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Cole Hutson, D, Boston University (NCAA)

• Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

• Henry Mews, D, Ottawa (OHL)

• Tarik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I’ll be stunned and thrilled to draft Eiserman if he is there at 15. I think the rhetoric on him has gone way overboard. He’s 1st all time in goals scored for USNTDP and 2nd all time below Hughes in points. The hit rate for these top USNTDP guys is so high. Jeremy Bracco sticks out like a sore thumb on the all time USNTDP points list, not only as the only guy not to make it, but also the only guy to not become a top line NHL player. Eiserman is far less boom or bust than he is being made out to be. He has his faults, but he has elite talent while being super young for this draft. His decision making can grow and be coached, you simply can’t teach goal scoring ability like Eiserman possesses.
If he was elite, we wouldn't be discussing him at 15.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Are we assuming Beckett Sennecke will be gone, or that he's not good enough to make this list?

If you can add him, put me down for Sennecke. If you can't, and we draft him, I'll take a season-long victory lap and proclaim myself the second coming of Henkka.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Are we assuming Beckett Sennecke will be gone, or that he's not good enough to make this list?

If you can add him, put me down for Sennecke. If you can't, and we draft him, I'll take a season-long victory lap and proclaim myself the second coming of Henkka.
Was taken at 14 by the Sharks in this mock. Just missed him.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Was taken at 14 by the Sharks in this mock. Just missed him.

Yep I just saw that, hadn't looked at the first page.

As others have pointed out, the fact that this mock draft has Eiserman still available at 15 makes it a huge outlier.

I'd also say that Jiricek is gone before 15 in every other mock draft I've seen.

So yeah, in this very unlikely situation, take Eiserman, of course.

But that's not going to happen. We'll take Sennecke. And I'm good with that -- he'll take some time to make the league, but he could maybe, just maybe, be really good in about 4 years.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I voted Eiserman, but I don't think I could handle him on this team. The "Eiserman/Yzerman" thing, and all the comments it will generate for years, may cause me to drive off the edge of a bridge.
Man, if you haven't driven off that bridge through all the Hossa/Franzen talk, the debate of Holland's legacy, ketchup vs. mustard on a hotdog debate...I think you can handle Eiserman.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Man, if you haven't driven off that bridge through all the Hossa/Franzen talk, the debate of Holland's legacy, ketchup vs. mustard on a hotdog debate...I think you can handle Eiserman.
You say ketchup one more time….

*swerves violently*

Reactions: RabidBadger

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
At season 2028-29:

Eiserman - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Danielson - DeBrincat
Söderblom - Lombardi - Berggren
Hanas - Kasper - Mazur

Wallinder - Seider
Edvinsson - Sandin Pellikka
Walman - Gibson
Buium - Tuomisto

Cossa
Augustine
If that’s 15 ELCs we could probably fill out the bottom lines with a McDavid or two.

Are any of our young guys in that scenario on their 2nd contract? I guess I could look. But with that much talent on cheap deals we’d likely have huge cap room.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I’ll be stunned and thrilled to draft Eiserman if he is there at 15. I think the rhetoric on him has gone way overboard. He’s 1st all time in goals scored for USNTDP and 2nd all time below Hughes in points. The hit rate for these top USNTDP guys is so high. Jeremy Bracco sticks out like a sore thumb on the all time USNTDP points list, not only as the only guy not to make it, but also the only guy to not become a top line NHL player. Eiserman is far less boom or bust than he is being made out to be. He has his faults, but he has elite talent while being super young for this draft. His decision making can grow and be coached, you simply can’t teach goal scoring ability like Eiserman possesses.

How often is the best goal scoring prospect at the draft ACTUALLY the best goal scorer from his draft?

Hint: They usually aren’t.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I voted Eiserman, but I don't think I could handle him on this team. The "Eiserman/Yzerman" thing, and all the comments it will generate for years, may cause me to drive off the edge of a bridge.
Good news Jaster the Gordie Howe bridge is almost connected :laugh:

At season 2028-29:

Eiserman - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Danielson - DeBrincat
Söderblom - Lombardi - Berggren
Hanas - Kasper - Mazur

Wallinder - Seider
Edvinsson - Sandin Pellikka
Walman - Gibson
Buium - Tuomisto

Cossa
Augustine
That looks like the worst left side at forward in the NHL, just awful.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
He absolutely is an elite scorer.
To nitpick you a bit here, he has an elite shot but I wouldn't call him an elite scorer

These players - the Zadinas, Wahlstroms, Bellows of the world - seem to check a lot of boxes and pop off the sheet as big goal scorers when they're young. Difference was, they all sucked at being either quick enough, smart enough, or both when the game tightened up on their goal scoring as they hit the pro ranks

Eiserman I think has average-at-best goal scoring instincts and overall skating ability. These limitations, realistically to me, set his top-end potential as more like a 20g25a PP2 guy

I would also argue a guy like Greentree has mobility limitations too but I like his hockey sense and skills as a package more than Eiserman's

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I don't look too much into draft prospects until closer to the draft, and I'm honestly shocked about the opinions on Eiserman. Ranked #4 in Bob's rankings and ridiculous numbers in juniors, I figured I'd be on an island not even really wanting him at #15, but yeah... I'm not seeing many things that I see translating to a high level NHLer when looking at him play

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
To nitpick you a bit here, he has an elite shot but I wouldn't call him an elite scorer

These players - the Zadinas, Wahlstroms, Bellows of the world - seem to check a lot of boxes and pop off the sheet as big goal scorers when they're young. Difference was, they all sucked at being either quick enough, smart enough, or both when the game tightened up on their goal scoring as they hit the pro ranks

Eiserman I think has average-at-best goal scoring instincts and overall skating ability. These limitations, realistically to me, set his top-end potential as more like a 20g25a PP2 guy

I would also argue a guy like Greentree has mobility limitations too but I like his hockey sense and skills as a package more than Eiserman's
I think his skating is slightly above average and that he actually has pretty solid mechanics. His issue is that he doesn't want to use it except to get into scoring position in the offensive zone or in transition. Outside of that he has zero interest in moving his feet.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think his skating is slightly above average and that he actually has pretty solid mechanics. His issue is that he doesn't want to use it except to get into scoring position in the offensive zone or in transition. Outside of that he has zero interest in moving his feet.

The shiny new Sprong

Reactions: DoMakc

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Prospects will develop.

I’m talking about in their draft years as comparables. Eiserman is a good skater the same way Fabbri was a good skater in the draft. Gets there but isn’t a burner.

My problem with Eiserman after originally being high on that profile is I always came away underwhelmed when watching him. He feels like an empty points guy to me. The kind of guy who piles on the points when his team is already up by 3 or more, or scores the goal that ends a shutout when his team is already getting blown out 5-0.

I’ll eat my hat if he’s on Detroit’s list to pick with their 1st this year.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad