Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Wild draft?

• Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sacha Boisvert, C, North Dakota (NCAA)

• Igor Chernyshov, LW, Dynamo Moscow (KHL)

• Trevor Connelly, LW, Providence (NCAA)

• Alfons Freij, D, Vaxjo (SWE)

• Liam Greentree, RW, Windsor (OHL)

• Michael Hage, C, Michigan (NCAA)

• Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)

• Tarik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of 1 day polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.*

*not polling for #1 since we know who it will be and Sharks fans get to vote on their other 1st

Please Only Vote if you are a Wild fan.

Links to the individual threads on the player names.

Mother Thread on Prospect Board

1. :sharks Macklin Celebrini, c, Boston University (NCAA)

2. :hawks
Ivan Demidov, RW/C, SKA (KHL)

3. :ducksArtyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State (NCAA)

4. :cbjCayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat (WHL)

5. :habsTij Iginla, F, Kelowna (WHL)

1715536931391.png

Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)

7. :sens
Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novogorod (KHL)

8. :seattle Sam Dickinson, D, London (OHL)

9.:flames
Berkly Catton, F, Spokane (WHL)

10. :devilsMichael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (SWE)

11. :sabres Konsta Helenius, C/RW Jukurit (Liiga)

12. :flyers Zanye Parekh, D, Saginaw (OHL)

13. :wild??????

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
This is the kind of board I'm hoping to see on draft day, MBN and the 2 small forwards(I like them, just wary our GM will veto again) gone along with Parekh opening the door for one of the guys I want that we have no reason to pass on, in this case being Yakemchuk. Really like how his skill-set and timeline/development path line up with our organization.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This board is so confusing. Demidov over Levshunov (to the tune of 80%+ of the vote) because Demidov is a high skill offensive forward, but when it comes to Eiserman vs Yakemchuk it’s the exact opposite logic.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This board is so confusing. Demidov over Levshunov (to the tune of 80%+ of the vote) because Demidov is a high skill offensive forward, but when it comes to Eiserman vs Yakemchuk it’s the exact opposite logic.
I have Demidov #2 and Levshunov #3. Yakemchuk #9 and Eiserman #15.

I don’t feel confused.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I have concerns about both of them. I also have concerns on both of them fitting with the current coach/GM. I'd take the 11 month younger scoring FWD if I had to choose between the 2 of them.

I'd rather trade back a few spots and take Hage/Jiricek, but that isn't an option.

I really want to pick Greentree, but I don't know if he has NHL speed/skating. 4th line grinder floor, with a 2nd line power FWD ceiling. It's just too early in the draft to pick him.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Confusing part is Silayev going 7. He’s on another planet than Iginla. I think he goes 2nd, maybe 3rd

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Gosh this is hard. Two highly prospects that really aren't my personal flavors but both have a certain skill that fits a dire need (goal scoring and defense).

I don't like Eiserman's falling stock and one-dimensional play.
I don't like watching Yakemchuk's pace and skating.

But neither Jiricek, Sennecke or Greentree has risen up enough yet to make me feeling confident to pick them over the previous 2 options at this date...

Let's go with Eiserman. If I'm going to have to choose from two prospects I don't personally like, lets just go with the one with potential game-breaking skill. Swing for the homerun.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Our power play goal numbers are some of the worst in the league. Our overall goal totals are not much better
What do you propose to do about the D? I went with Yakemchuk bc we already have Yurov and Heidt, and hopefully Haight in the pipeline. Our defensive depth is starving.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There are no doubts about Demidov's hockey IQ and hockey skills, some about Levshunov's IQ. Both Eiserman and Yak have had some question their hockey IQ's, but Yak's tools are otherwise pretty much everything you want in a RHD, while Eiserman has been in freefall rankings wise due to the perception that he has no two way game to speak of. Seems simple to me.

the fact that Yakemchuk also can provide offense from the back end makes him an easy choice, for me. He isn't some big, dopey, plodder.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We need everything.
Except center, maybe. Ironically. I'd still take a center. But if Yurov can be the player the Wild believe he can be (and we hope he can be), with Ek and Rossi you can start to prioritize other positions.

I echo the concerns about Eiserman, but at this point, I had some of the same concerns about Caufield, and he seems to be doing okay so far. If we were going to be picking top 7 like we were in position to at points earlier in the season, it'd be an absolute no go from me on Eiserman. At 13? Eh, might be worth the risk. No one else here that I love.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Our power play goal numbers are some of the worst in the league. Our overall goal totals are not much better
We were 8th in PP goals and 10th in PP% last year.

Last 3 years it's 10th and 11th.

Anyway, I have my preference but I'm also looking at 5 other names on that list that I'd be pretty ok with, Eiserman included.

Of the players still remaining, I have:
9. Yakemchuk
10. Hage
14. Sennecke
--------------
15. Eiserman
--------------
16. Greentree
18. Chernyshov
20. Jiricek

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Eiserman seems like a player that I'd be excited to see the team actually pick, even if I'm skeptical personally. The questions around him are things that you really want professionals doing due diligence on. I don't think we're in a terrible spot to roll the dice on a player like that if it looks like there's a good development path for him.

Reactions: BagHead

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Eiserman seems like a player that I'd be excited to see the team actually pick, even if I'm skeptical personally. The questions around him are things that you really want professionals doing due diligence on. I don't think we're in a terrible spot to roll the dice on a player like that if it looks like there's a good development path for him.
I cannot see them picking him at all, pretty much the antithesis of our team mottos under Guerin. The difference in effort from him and Kap, JEE, etc would be extremely comical though.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Eiserman is now getting underrated. I only voted Yakemchuk because of his tools and position, not anything against Eiserman. He would be a good choice at #13. This guy is actually a good skater with decent size, not some undersized pylon who can only shoot.

The guy switched schools from MN to Boston because his father was diagnosed with cancer and he wanted to be near him while he went through his treatment and recovery period. Hardly the actions of a toxic personality.

Reactions: BagHead

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I cannot see them picking him at all, pretty much the antithesis of our team mottos under Guerin. The difference in effort from him and Kap, JEE, etc would be extremely comical though.
I don't think the question is whether or not it's possible for him to round out his game, but whether he's willing and able to do that. That's not something we're going to get a read on from game footage, at least not from a 17 year old.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We were 8th in PP goals and 10th in PP% last year.

Last 3 years it's 10th and 11th.

Anyway, I have my preference but I'm also looking at 5 other names on that list that I'd be pretty ok with, Eiserman included.

Of the players still remaining, I have:
9. Yakemchuk
10. Hage
14. Sennecke
--------------
15. Eiserman
--------------
16. Greentree
18. Chernyshov
20. Jiricek
Interesting. Idk what I was looking at, but it had Minnesota 25th. Went back and checked again and it’s what you have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad