Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Habs Draft

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
i put Sennecke. people talk about how Catton attacks the middle of the ice with skill, putting the puck in skates in order to beat defenders and get to dangerous areas. Sennecke does that as well, all while going from Catton's size to 6'3 in a short period of time.
i like Iginla and i think he's skilled and good at engaging physically but i think Sennecke is just scratching the surface and has a very interesting toolkit.

i've written this before but i would like to move slightly back for Sennecke and use the asset we get from moving back, along with the Winnipeg pick and whatever else, to get another top 15 pick and really shore up our forward prospects.
100% this. It’s my second best scenario after drafting one of Demidov/Lindstrom.

Ottawa at 7OA or Calgary at 9OA would be logical targets to trade down and get another late 1st.

SJ would be a great target to trade up at 14OA.

Reactions: Shutdown

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No way that 3 of the top 4 picks will be forwards. Fans lean towards forwards and GM's lean towards dmen so this poll is not surprising but for those of you who want Lindstrom and Demidov the good news is that it is very likely that at least one of them will be available.......the bad news is you might be really pissed if Hughes elects to take a different player.

As much as I like Iginla I would not be shocked to see Hughes take Eiserman as he will have plenty of inside knowledge from his USNDTP sources. Eiserman has all of the tools and Hughes may see a Slaf type of situation where he believes that they can mold him into a star. Eiserman's only issue is that he does not play a complete game but he has all of the physical tools and skills as well as being a good kid who is not afraid to play the body. It seems to me that Eiserman's issues might easily be corrected and trained out of him. Hughes will definitely be investigating this angle and depending on what he uncovers it might surprise a lot of people on draft day.

This is not to say that I necessarily think that they should draft Eiserman but he might be worthy of much stronger consideration than this board is giving him.

I will be ok with whoever they select as there are so many players in my top 10 that I really like.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
No way that 3 of the top 4 picks will be forwards. Fans lean towards forwards and GM's lean towards dmen so this poll is not surprising but for those of you who want Lindstrom and Demidov the good news is that it is very likely that at least one of them will be available.......the bad news is you might be really pissed if Hughes elects to take a different player.

As much as I like Iginla I would not be shocked to see Hughes take Eiserman as he will have plenty of inside knowledge from his USNDTP sources. Eiserman has all of the tools and Hughes may see a Slaf type of situation where he believes that they can mold him into a star. Eiserman's only issue is that he does not play a complete game but he has all of the physical tools and skills as well as being a good kid who is not afraid to play the body. It seems to me that Eiserman's issues might easily be corrected and trained out of him. Hughes will definitely be investigating this angle and depending on what he uncovers it might surprise a lot of people on draft day.

This is not to say that I necessarily think that they should draft Eiserman but he might be worthy of much stronger consideration than this board is giving him.

I will be ok with whoever they select as there are so many players in my top 10 that I really like.
Funny, of all the prospects that could be considered at #5, I feel that Eiserman is the least likely to be selected by the Canadiens.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Funny, of all the prospects that could be considered at #5, I feel that Eiserman is the least likely to be selected by the Canadiens.
No, but, if Montreal moves up from the WIN draft ranking, Eiserman could well the playerHughes selects, ahead of some bigger forwards that might be available. Combine testing will say a lot about where Eiserman's 6'0", 196 lbs frame will take him.

Beyond that, undeniably, he has the best shot in the draft.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

You are entitled to that feeling but you have been strongly influenced by exclusively public opinion which carries very little merit. You may be correct although I do not know who you consider to be the prospects being "considered" at 5 OA.

The truth is nobody knows anything on these boards about this draft including myself as there is unprecedented parity between picks 2-12 and any and all options are on the table for professionals who know more about these players and have infinitely more access to important information that is not available to posters and/or fake online scouting services. There are just too many unknown variables for any [poster sitting home on his/her couch to stridently proclaim superior insight/wisdom on this year's class.

All we really know about Eiserman is he is among the most talented skaters in this draft and there are questions that need to be answered but nobody on this board will be privy to those answers.

Hughes and company will do their due diligence and I will accept whatever conclusion that they arrive at as I have respect for Hughes as both a hockey man and as an intelligent, meticulous, articulate and rational human being.

Reactions: HespelerGreenFlash

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I think Demidov should have been on the list. Who I'd take depends on who is still left. Strictly based on talent, I don't think the club could go wrong with any of Catton, Demidov, Lindstrom, or Iginla. Tij has certainly been on the rise in the second half of the year.

I could throw a dart blind-folded and be happy with any of them.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
You are entitled to that feeling but you have been strongly influenced by exclusively public opinion which carries very little merit. You may be correct although I do not know who you consider to be the prospects being "considered" at 5 OA.

The truth is nobody knows anything on these boards about this draft including myself as there is unprecedented parity between picks 2-12 and any and all options are on the table for professionals who know more about these players and have infinitely more access to important information that is not available to posters and/or fake online scouting services. There are just too many unknown variables for any [poster sitting home on his/her couch to stridently proclaim superior insight/wisdom on this year's class.

All we really know about Eiserman is he is among the most talented skaters in this draft and there are questions that need to be answered but nobody on this board will be privy to those answers.

Hughes and company will do their due diligence and I will accept whatever conclusion that they arrive at as I have respect for Hughes as both a hockey man and as an intelligent, meticulous, articulate and rational human being.

Eiserman is not in play at 5 OA.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
IMG_1481.jpeg

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023

According to Mathias Brunet, Eiserman is not a target for the Habs at 5, and Brunet is usually pretty well connected.
And seeing Eiserman's stock is falling, it's not really that surprising.

Reactions: vokiel

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

I know some people don't like the thought of "drafting for need" but looking at organizational depth charts of the teams drafting before Montreal it definitely makes sense that 3/4 picks are forwards.

Chicago is the wild card of the group with them definitely needing a quality defenseman but adding someone to play on Bedards wing is very enticing.

Ducks Have been drafting more forwards and also traded for a forward and gave away an RD in return. Levshunov makes sense for them.

Jackets overall have way more depth at Defense and you can never have too many centers, Just look at past Canadian Olympic teams.

In a draft where BPA is hard to tell I think more GM's will be drafting need this year.

Reactions: Leto

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Personally, I think Iginla > Lindstrom

And not because of injuries. I really think we are comparing two levels of physical maturity, and I think Iginla's game will only grow faster than Lindstrom's going forward.

I'd be happy with Lindstrom, bigger body. But when they will both be 25, not sure I'll be super happy.
I can agree. I do think injuries are a factor but also I struggle to see if Lindstrom does anything better than Iggy, aside from bigness.

I'd be happy with both.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
According to Mathias Brunet, Eiserman is not a target for the Habs at 5, and Brunet is usually pretty well connected.

Brunet's connection to Montreal draft discussions is exactly zero......not 0.0000000001 but absolute zero.

Reactions: SOLR

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Eiserman more likely goes outside of the top 10 then he goes anywhere near the top 5.

I know some people don't like the thought of "drafting for need" but looking at organizational depth charts of the teams drafting before Montreal it definitely makes sense that 3/4 picks are forwards.

Chicago is the wild card of the group with them definitely needing a quality defenseman but adding someone to play on Bedards wing is very enticing.

Ducks Have been drafting more forwards and also traded for a forward and gave away an RD in return. Levshunov makes sense for them.

Jackets overall have way more depth at Defense and you can never have too many centers, Just look at past Canadian Olympic teams.

In a draft where BPA is hard to tell I think more GM's will be drafting need this year.

Jackets also have a need on left side defense, Silayev fits exactly what they are looking for. Not everyone sees Lindstrom as a NHL center, either. Our draft will hinge on what Chicago does at 2 and CBJ at 4.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yes but they'll draft top 5 again in 2025. Next year will be a more forwards heavy draft. I think teams who need to add a dman to their prospects pool will have a hard time not drafting one this year.

Reactions: Fandangle and Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yes but they'll draft top 5 again in 2025. Next year will be a more forwards heavy draft. I think teams who need to add a dman to their prospects pool will have a hard time not drafting one this year.
true, I'm assuming that it's hard for GM's not to build around the "generational" player and instead go with the more needed position.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I'll go Dickinson (and haven't seen any of the Fs and if one is dynamic/ sure top 6 at 5 I get Hughes taking that player) but have seen a ton of Dickinson and feel its a sure top 3 D.
As solid a LK D prosoect from day 1 as I've seen here in 25 years. (Wideman, Bouchard, Methot, Girardi, Mete, Zadarov, Matta, Joulevii...... yes I know some were overated)
Leadership, size, skates, good shot, smart on both sides of the puck, reads the play well, coachable, positing, not terrible physical but makes up for it in length n positiong and will grow into his frame, clutch.....but as any draft year D prone to a bad TO here n there.
Just of the mindset...collect assets n it'll work out in 2/3 years with good management)
Yes a biased LK fan. Lol.

Flame away.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll go Dickinson (and haven't seen any of the Fs and if one is dynamic/ sure top 6 at 5 I get Hughes taking that player) but have seen a ton of Dickinson and feel its a sure top 3 D.
As solid a LK D prosoect from day 1 as I've seen here in 25 years. (Wideman, Bouchard, Methot, Girardi, Mete, Zadarov, Matta, Joulevii...... yes I know some were overated)
Leadership, size, skates, good shot, smart on both sides of the puck, reads the play well, coachable, positing, not terrible physical but makes up for it in length n positiong and will grow into his frame, clutch.....but as any draft year D prone to a bad TO here n there.
Just of the mindset...collect assets n it'll work out in 2/3 years with good management)
Yes a biased LK fan. Lol.

Flame away.

Not gonna flame, they're just not picking him and they've been transparent about not selecting a LD.

I personally like Dickinson as the 2nd best D in the class behind Parekh, but I can't conceivably say he's going to be massively better than Guhle so the value isn't there for me.

Reactions: Rozz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad